Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Personal watercraft water temperature database

This is something I have been thinking about for a while, you think your ski is running hot, but how do you know how hot is it supposed to run ? I realize there will be some variances in temps as they come in from different places with varying water temps this time of year, also on some models like Seadoos worn wear rings would skew the results but if we get enough info we can get a baseline to work off of and at least get an average.

I am going to post up temps recorded with a non contact infrared thermometer on skis I test run, hopefully some other people will do the same, that way we have a database to work off of, infrared thermometers are fairly cheap, I just bought a Fluke meter off of Ebay for $35.00 shipped.

Post up your findings here following the style below and I will compile the list and update it as necessary. Temp reading taken at the front of the head but I did take it in several places they were pretty much consistent . Temp taken after running the ski wih it in the water idling. I will start with the one below and I will add two more today:

2006 Seadoo GTX 4tec 155HP 184 degrees
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Re: Personal watercraft water temperature database

2006 Seadoo RXP 4TEC 185HP 186 degrees

2006 Seadoo RXP 4TEC 185HP 183 degrees

All of the above are closed loop cooling systems, we can assume 180 degree thermostats by the temp readings.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 03-11-2022 at 05:56 PM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Posted by QUINC

here is mine:

701cc engine in jetmate:
    Cylinder temps where around 130-145 while idling/cruising and only 115-119 while running at full throttle. using infra red gun.

All of the above are closed loop cooling systems, we can assume 180 degree thermostats by the temp readings.

701cc engine in jetmate:
    Cylinder temps where around 130-145 while idling/cruising and only 115-119 while running at full throttle. using infra red gun.

Someone PMed me and asked if my Fluke was accurate , that theirs was off 8 degrees , first question how would you know if it was off 8 degrees or not, second question is does it matter, 8 degrees one way or another is a variance, something running 191 degrees or 175 degrees when it is supposed to be running 183 really would not concern me that much for the purposes of this database, if we get enough readings we get an average and a ballpark temp of what stuff is supposed to run at and rule out margins of error.

If you splash water on the cylinder and it steams, you're too hot. That's all I got.
    Last edited by bored&stroked; 03-16-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    '96 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, B-pipe, Dual 44's, Newmiller head 220psi w/girdle, Skat big hub, footholds, AMG green hell mango matte.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Polaris carb AND ficht with thermostat in place....130-140* operating temp.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Polaris carb AND ficht with thermostat in place....130-140* operating temp.
    size model and year please and I will add it

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

The one I just tested wan an '03 MSX140.....1200cc

But I've also tested a Virage Txi , Genesis carbed and Ficht ,and a pro1200 and several Fuji 750 & 780 machines.....they all run in that temp range with factory thermostat still in place.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

701cc engine in jetmate:
    Cylinder temps where around 130-145 while idling/cruising and only 115-119 degrees while running at full throttle.

'03 MSX140.....1200cc 130-140* degrees

Polaris Vrage Txi , Genesis 1200 carbed and Ficht 130-140 degrees

Polaris SLT-SL 750 -780 140 degrees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information