» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Dog

scammer,not sure but probably

Maverickjone911

PWCToday NewbieJoin DateJan 2022LocationTexasAge28Posts0

kawasaki stx 900/1100 speedometer gauge

I have the kawasaki stx 900/1100 speedometer gauge for sale in good condition and with an affordable price Kindly let me know if you are still interested in it
    For more info and pictures, shoot me a text
    (262) 328-6686

Sent from my SM-A025F using Tapatalk

Re: scammer,not sure but probably

Definite Scammer!

"Kindly let me know" phrase is dead give away.

I dream skis

Yup - Scammer. He just sent me a pm with EXACTLY the same wording about a 10/16 Hooker prop
    06 SXR Limited, a couple of modded RNs, and WAY too much other crap !!!!!!

PWCToday Newbie

Trying to sell me a SXR 800 cylinder and nothing but red flags!

PWCToday Newbie

I got the same message which distracted me from getting that hooker... you beat me to it Glenn!

https://www.roadglide.org/threads/scammer.385949/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bionic racing's Avatar

10/4 jc superjet , kindly was used on me last year , I said kindly post a pic of the part your selling in your hands with a date and time on it , could not produce a pic of course

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic racing View Post
    10/4 jc superjet , kindly was used on me last year , I said kindly post a pic of the part your selling in your hands with a date and time on it , could not produce a pic of course
    I fell for his or the groups scam. Used PayPal today and I'm working on canceling it. I couldn't get a phone call through for some mystery reason they said. I got a different contact email or phone number to use Venmo and PayPal and then for a PayPal screenshot. They couldn't send a request to me, I had to make a payment to them which I did as a purchase to get the buyer protection. They asked for a screenshot of the PayPal transaction that they should have received. I'm more concerned with identity theft now than a few hundred dollars with the little bit of contact info they got. The good thing is PayPal is holding the payment until I receive the item and approved the purchase. 100% scammer and a fraudulent person or group for sure. Kind of stupid too if you search under that name you will find many other forums with the same problem. Of course I'm stupider than them for falling for their scam!

PWCToday Newbie

It's easily done, I was really close to paying but when they asked for a Friends and Family PayPal transaction (that doesn't have buyer protection) under a completely different name, I looked at their account and did some searching which is how I found the road glide thread posted above.

How do you report users to get them banned?
    Last edited by Mbx; 02-18-2022 at 11:05 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Maybe I'm only as stupid as them.

Using Paypal is a good thing if you use it right. Them not wanting to send me a request for funds let me write up the purchase the way I wanted to with a very accurate description and returns if the item didn't meet them. Also very important to make it a purchase, not a friends and family thing. I contacted PayPal before sending any money and they assured me I would not be liable or any type of scam or fraud because I had the buyer protection. I still worried about the hassle of making a claim and them trying to get my money back if it didn't work out.

I contacted PayPal this morning and after explaining my concerns they decided to start a dispute. This is actually a perfect way to proceed. I want the part and there might be a 1% (or less) chance I'll get it, but PayPal is now looking at this very closely. They told the seller or whoever owns the PayPal account that a dispute has been started and that they have a narrow window to ship the item to me. If I ever get it I must approve the payment only if it meets the description.

I feel pretty good that other than wasting a few hours I should be covered and with another not too painful lesson learned.

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by Mbx View Post
    I got the same message which distracted me from getting that hooker... you beat me to it Glenn!

https://www.roadglide.org/threads/scammer.385949/
    Sorry about that Mbx! At least you didn't pay the $200!!
    06 SXR Limited, a couple of modded RNs, and WAY too much other crap !!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information