Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Winterizing 2010 VX110 for first time...help

I own a 2010 VX110 that I have kept in my heated garage for 9 years now so i've never winterized it. I am now moving to a new house without a heated garage so i will need to get all the water out of the engine and anywhere that will freeze. I'm in Canada(near Michigan) where it gets crazy cold. I think I have read on here that you just tilt the front of the trailer up and run engine a couple minutes giving it a few revs to get all the water out. And i have done this for years even though its kept heated garage all winter. Please help me to make sure my machine don't freeze in these very cold none heated conditions!

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Winterizing 2010 VX110 for first time...help

The other thing i was thinking of doing was run a 12 volt pump in a bucket of pink antifreeze ( non toxic) and running it through the hose fitting at the rear of the engine. Just saw this on youtube. Or use the pink anti freeze method except gravity feeding if possible through the same connection at the rear of engine. whats your thoughts VX110 4 stroke people?
    Last edited by Z06 FAN; 01-08-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Hi i have the same ski and am in canada.. .. I just use the flush attachment screw it on a pop bottle filled with RV antifreeze and squirt it into the flush spot.. I then dump a little in the hull so my bilge doesn't freeze, and I fog the cylinders and use seafoam in the fuel...

PWCToday Newbie

So I gravity fed a gallon of pink antifreeze into the water flush connection at the rear of the engine and it came out impeller area at rear of machine. Does this protect against freezing? I also ran the engine briefly while do this but the overheat alarm came on so I shut it down. Is it good to not freeze now???

PWCToday Newbie

So without engine running correct??
    Last edited by Z06 FAN; 01-11-2022 at 03:52 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus View Post
    Hi i have the same ski and am in canada.. .. I just use the flush attachment screw it on a pop bottle filled with RV antifreeze and squirt it into the flush spot.. I then dump a little in the hull so my bilge doesn't freeze, and I fog the cylinders and use seafoam in the fuel...
    So without engine running?...that correct?

so i run it a little 10-15 seconds at a time...

Thread Information