Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

750 Bp/Sp / 800 electronics

Have an sxr with a trashed motor needs a new cylinder/crank/pistons at minimum dont want to shell out $ for that at the moment. Have a small pin 750 needs a flywheel and bendix would like to drop in for the time being. Will the flywheel and bendix from the 800 work on the small pin and can I swap the 800 electronics into the small pin front cover? Any thing else I need to know about the swap?
    SWIMMIMNG!!!

Resident Guru

Re: 750 Bp/Sp / 800 electronics

Quote Originally Posted by TomM1 View Post
    Have an sxr with a trashed motor needs a new cylinder/crank/pistons at minimum dont want to shell out $ for that at the moment. Have a small pin 750 needs a flywheel and bendix would like to drop in for the time being. Will the flywheel and bendix from the 800 work on the small pin and can I swap the 800 electronics into the small pin front cover? Any thing else I need to know about the swap?
    I have used various 750 flywheel and ignition stator cover on 650 and 750 engines and they all worked fine. I have been told that some wheels will have seating depth issues but I cannot personally confirm this. The bendix are all the same across many manufactures. Starters too except for the end cap. I would not hesitate to try, just note the flywheels depth in relation to the case.
    Last edited by kweasel; 10-16-2021 at 01:27 AM.
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

Resident Guru

As long as the stator and cdi go together (if it's a 2004+) then it's all interchangeable. Any 750 will work.
    1994 WB1 1100 conversion - 57mph on GPS

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

You can use the SP flywheel with the 800 stator, no need to cha ge the flywheel too.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bionic racing's Avatar

Bp flywheels will not fit on sp cranks , too deep , sp flywheel on bp crank will work with your 7 wire stator front cover , you can run a seven wire (a /c ) stator with a five or seven wire cdi , but you cannot run a five wire ( d/c ) stator with a seven wire cdi , only five wire cdi , aka 2004 sxr , 2003 sxr seven wire stator , 2004 = five wire stator and cdi , what year is your sxr ? Real early sp 750s , aka 92 ran a one year only flywheel , that’s the one that will bolt to a 650 with a 750 stator and e box and run fine , been there done that , have a 650 STS , pulled out bp greenie and installed black 650 with 92 sx flywheel and bp greenie front stator cover , 7 wire , hooked up to original sts e box and have a heavy slow sts for sale , and it will sell , if priced right , anything will sell , seen a lot of gp 650 Yamaha engine swaps on clean skis and if priced correct they also sell quickly

Yea I searched a bit before posting and was alot of conflicting info about the flywheels. The sxr is an 07, everything is there just the long block is useless. The SP 750 that I want to use in the sxr is a 94' it took water in the front cover and teeth are chewed off flywheel. I was going to buy a new SP flywheel but some of my searches were saying the flywheels were interchangeable so I figured post here and see what info I could get. If I could get a clear answer I could possibly use the 800 flywheel if not I will just pickup a new SP flywheel.
    The other thing is the electronics but I was pretty sure I could just remove the stuff from the 800 front cover and put it in the SP front cover w/o issue. I would rather keep the 800 e-box and stator rather than trying to swap the SP e-box into the sxr.
    SWIMMIMNG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    You can use the SP flywheel with the 800 stator, no need to cha ge the flywheel too.
    This may be safest route. Just buy new SP flywheel
    SWIMMIMNG!!!

10/4 , a regular sp not the 92 only and your golden , 800 electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic racing View Post
    10/4 , a regular sp not the 92 only and your golden , 800 electronics
    My crank builder mentioned to stay away from the 92 S/P. Is the flywheel the only issue on that year or are there other faults?
    SWIMMIMNG!!!

Defective cranks on several models that year , odd ball one year flywheel , just like sea doo does stand alone parts , one year only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information