Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Newbie

PWCToday Newbie

Hey boys and girls ~ huge motorcycle nut (currently have an hp4) and drive an M4

Looking for the most fun out on the water so want to get into a jetski ~ with all the upcoming 2022 models (kawi looks pretty good) can anyone advise me on which one to go for ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Newbie

Need to know what sort of use you are looking for... are you wanting a tiny boat for up to 3 people at once for distance riding/cruising or are you looking for something more like a dirt bike?
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

hey thanks linkman ~ probably just going from island to island out in the gulf ~ so stable on open ocean and bat crazy fast ~ I've heard yamaha is the way to go but the f/n colors suck ~ kawasaki new 2022 look interesting ~ then theres also seadoo but I've heard they are unreliable ?

Sounds like a full sized sit down ski is what you are looking for. You'll want to avoid the smaller models like the Seadoo Spark or Yamaha EX or Jetblaster. There aren't huge differences between the reliability between Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Seadoo, but a slight edge goes to Yamaha. Power for the dollar definitely goes to Kawasaki. Seadoo takes the prize for the most bells and whistles.

If you want to go "crazy fast" then you'll probably want a supercharged model, but be advised a supercharger comes with the major downside of being very fuel-hungry. They guzzle gas something fierce! Normally aspirated engines can get up to around 63 MPH where the fastest supercharged ones (in factory trim) max out at 70 MPH.

This page has some very good points and comparisons, but hasn't been updated yet to reflect the 2022 Ultras:
    https://www.steveninsales.com/2021-s...a-vs-kawasaki/

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

yea i figured full size sit down ~ super charged ~ i like all the bells with seadoo's but again not sure about reliability ~ when you say drinking gas (the new kawi super charged has a huge tank) i think that would last a day buzzing around

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the differences in reliability between the brands. The most rock-solid engine I run across is the 1498cc engine used in the Kawasakis -- it's been their go-to engine for about the last 18 years and Kawi mostly just adds on a supercharger to get it to 300+ HP. But after that you've got to consider that added features means more things that can break. A supercharger also adds on some added maintenance, and once you get past Seadoos problems with their ceramic supercharger bearings they are all reasonably similar.

I have seen some people run through a 18+ gallon tank of gas in just two hours. It's possible to go through it in an hour at WOT. Definitely don't expect it to last all day. Blasting across the water at very high speeds and listening to the whine of the SC is awesome. The urge to twist the throttle is tough to resist.

Steven's website is accurate for most topics.
    https://www.steveninsales.com/far-ca...i-go-tank-gas/

This was a test to see how far this guy could ride in one day: https://watercraftjournal.com/galler...one-day-video/

You won't go as far on the open ocean though. Waves and chop cut down on fuel economy and speed significantly for small craft like PWCs.

PWCToday Newbie

wow your a wealth of info ~ going to go down to the local dealer that sells all mentioned ~ ill let you know how that turns out

PWCToday Newbie

went down to the local dealer (no pre orders for 2022) your put on a list and when your name comes up ~ we call you and tell you what we have (take it or leave it)

wth
    Last edited by jondillinger; 10-26-2021 at 03:15 PM.

PWC in-stock conditions are really poor everywhere. It's just like cars and trucks -- you pretty much can't drive a new one off the lot right after taking a test drive, you have to order one. The dealers have the upper hand at the moment. Welcome to the supply chain crisis of 2021.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    PWC in-stock conditions are really poor everywhere. It's just like cars and trucks -- you pretty much can't drive a new one off the lot right after taking a test drive, you have to order one. The dealers have the upper hand at the moment. Welcome to the supply chain crisis of 2021.

f'n Redic

LETS GO BRANDON !!!!!!!!

Thread Information