Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1992 seadoo gtx wont suck fuel

Hi, I have a 1992 seadoo gtx. After rebuilding my carbs (dual carbs), I am now having an issue where the carbs are not sucking fuel through the lines. If I pour premix into the carbs it will fire right up then die a few seconds later. When I pull the fuel input line off of the MAG carb, there is no fuel in the line. I tried to suck fuel through the input line with a syphon pump and this did not pull and fuel either. I have also replaced the fuel selector switch and fuel filter. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Bionic racing's Avatar

Re: 1992 seadoo gtx wont suck fuel

Go to tank , lines have fallen off inside tank , pull tank , clear tank , blow selector valve clear , debris can collect in that YAMAHA fuel valve , replace hoses , check for missing oring on strainer filter also.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic racing View Post
    Go to tank , lines have fallen off inside tank .
    I agree. Or just plain rotted off inside the tank.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the input. I have an update. I pulled the fuel tank forward. This caused the fuel level to rise in the rear of the tank. I then tried to suck some fuel with the syphon pump and it worked. We then put the tank back in its usual position and we lost suction. Could this be a problem with the baffle? Is there a cheaper way to fix this or do I need to buy the whole baffle for $200+? Thanks for your help.

Do you have the plastic white baffle or the rubber top , black with 90* fittings on it as it should have on the early doos ?

PWCToday Newbie

So today I pulled the tank out and I have 2 rubber top baffles. One has 90* fuel line fittings and the other has electrical components for the fuel gauge. The one with fuel lines connected to it had the internal tubes fell off and there are a bunch of pieces of the tubing in the tank. I cleaned out the fuel tank and then added new lines on the internal side of the baffle.

That is what is supposed to be there on the early type , 94 start to see one piece late style plastic baffle w/o fuel sender , now clear out fuel selector valve , on off res , debris will collect in there too , this is why they sold you the ski cheap , unable to correct problems , good job , check that strainer filter for o ring too , or it will suck in air

Thread Information