What happened to this site? - Page 4
pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Resident Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,197

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by Labora View Post
    I prefer forums but took me several months to get approved to use this one. Meanwhile have been on FB groups which get mixed answers.
    Congrats, you're here now! All the twostroke work was done 25 years ago by talented guys who were old back then. The forums do have a lot of good info but it cab be difficult to tell whats useful. The vast majority of PWC enthusiast are young and/or inexperienced. They want more power and speed with shortcut directions on how to attain it. You end up with a lot of "lord of the flies" trying to give simple answers to complex questions. Someone will ask what jets to use and another will tell them. I say learn how to tune a leaf blower and you will never ask a jetting question again.
    Last edited by kweasel; 10-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

  2. #32
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,845

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by kweasel View Post
    I say learn how to tune a leaf blower and you will never ask a jetting question again.
    HA-ha! I have a Homelite 'Super 2' chainsaw carb on my Murray weedeater. Also opened the intake and de-screened the exhaust. The neighbor had a perplexed look on his face when my little weedeater was singin' a tune and tearin up a waist tall thicket!!
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

    '89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

    '99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

    '96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

  3. #33
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sin City USA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    30,515

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    Wait... what? No more skis?
    That is correct. Got a bunch of trophies and pictures on the garage wall, thats all that is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

  4. #34
    Resident Guru bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    La Crosse right on the RIVER
    Age
    37
    Posts
    977

    Re: What happened to this site?

    65% of Facebook misinformation on Rona, came from 13 people. That site is far beyond broken!

    Forums never looked so good.

    Jonny, can't believe you didn't even keep a hull hanging!
    Third Coast Freeride - Midwest Wave Warriors

    Wooka Wooka Wookay. Let's Fing Rage!

  5. #35
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sin City USA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    30,515

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post

    Jonny, can't believe you didn't even keep a hull hanging!
    The one 550 hull I did have left, I gave to FOG for a 550/ATV build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

  6. #36
    Top Dog FOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, NV
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Hey Jon!

    I started on that hull but then China flu arrived and we bought a home and bailed out of Vegas. An old-school freestyler wanted the hull and some of the parts for a build he wanted to do with his daughter. About a year later he sent some pics of their progress. So, ATV out, back on the water - in!

    image000001.jpg image000002.jpg
    I'll quit before I sit~~~

  7. #37
    PWCToday Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    338

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Any of the OGs looking to build a 550 engine, I just posted an rc520 cylinder for sale.

    Bump for the thread, I lived on PWC from 2016-20…completed a few great builds thanks to this site ��

  8. #38
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Al-ugh-bam-ugh
    Posts
    27,610

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by candysucker View Post
    Any of the OGs looking to build a 550 engine, I just posted an rc520 cylinder for sale.

    Bump for the thread, I lived on PWC from 2016-20…completed a few great builds thanks to this site ��
    Personally I have no idea what this sudden interest in 550's is all about , I outgrew those years ago, I am about to round up all my spare parts and hulls and unload them during the build season , the only thing I am keeping is the Thunderjet. Once you have ridden a 300SX with a big pump and power or a Thunderjet with a big pump and power there is no going back to a 550 engine.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 10-28-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

    WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

  9. #39
    Resident Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,197

    Re: What happened to this site?

    Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    Personally I have no idea what this sudden interest in 550's is all about , I outgrew those years ago, I am about to round up all my spare parts and hulls and unload them during the build season , the only thing I am keeping is the Thunderjet. Once you have ridden a 300SX with a big pump and power or a Thunderjet with a big pump and power there is no going back to a 550 engine.
    What makes the thunderjet and 300sx hull special??
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0