Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

650 SX Hooker Impeller O Ring

Howdy,

I am installing a Impros Hooker Impeller on my 650 SX and I have no idea where the O Ring that came with it goes. It was pushed into the splines when I received it, probably so it wouldn't get lost..

I put it in the middle of the impeller between the splines and the threads it seems to fit nicely there but seems like an odd place.
    Looked at the Impros installation instructions but there was no mention of an o ring and it was more of a general guide for all Kawasaki's.

Any suggestions would be great. I have the nose boot and just need to know where or if I even use this O Ring.

Thanks for the help!

Re: 650 SX Hooker Impeller O Ring

Call impros

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1995 FX-1: Pro-Tec chamber~Skat swirl~Pro-Tec plate~Blowsion Destroyers

1990 Square Nose: Blue ported Jetmaniac 718~#ZERO lightened/drilled flywheel~ADA girdled/32cc~701 B pipe/flow control~Hooker 9-15~AAA pole~Pro-Tec rideplate~Tom21 Tubbies and nose piece

2014 Super jet waiting on a B pipe and Hooker....

650 driveshafts/impellers take the O-ring at the opening of the Impeller. Grease the splines well!

I recently switched my SXR to use this method. SXRs have a rubber boot at the driveshaft/impeller. The O-ring can't change shape like the boot, since it's held within the metal circle of the impeller.
    Last edited by bird; 09-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    Third Coast Freeride - Midwest Wave Warriors

Wooka Wooka Wookay. Let's Fing Rage!

Resident Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post
    650 driveshafts/impellers take the O-ring at the opening of the Impeller. Grease the splines well!

I recently switched my SXR to use this method. SXRs have a rubber boot at the driveshaft/impeller. The O-ring can't change shape like the boot, since it's held within the metal circle of the impeller.
    O-rings do not work very well in many cases. The splines need to be perfectly clean and greased. After installation clean all the grease in front of the O-ring and pack the gap full of silicone. 650 splines are short and its easy to install the pump with the shaft crooked. Extra time spent on pump installation will make a huge difference in the condition of the splines after a few seasons.
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

Thread Information