User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 650sx uneven cylinder burn (single carb)

Mine seems to have weak spark, just found that out today, I would try looking into that. I have a thing on the way to test it.

PWCToday Newbie

The thing with mine, Is I can swap plug wires (front to back, back to front) and the issue remains on the cylinder. It doesn’t follow the wire. My coil also came out of my other ski that ran perfect.

The problem is isolated to the cylinder itself, not the electronics. It’s got to be a phasing problem, or water ingestion (Although I’ve checked this many times).

Compression is even 150 psi in both cylinders. I re-did a leak down test with better plumbing plugs and it held perfect at 8psi for over 10 minutes.

Just got to get motivated to do more testing

I doubt this is your problem but I half fixed mine, both plugs look just fine. There was a big rip on one of the fuel lines coming off the reserve/on switch. Must have happened from removing and putting on the hood so many times that it eventually broke. It now runs much better but is having some hiccups it seems on the low end which I think is the flywheel magnets aren’t working quite right.

I just completed my fix, major problem was the coil. I slapped a new one in and it went good. I also checked out my exhaust system and the 32 year old tubing was in really bad shape. The one piece was almost completely closed up and it had a lot of rips and tears in the inside. You might want to check your fuel pump by just taking off the return line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information