Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Skeeters 550/750 swap

Starting a build thread for my 750 swap
    Wonít be anything fancy hopefully just a good running ski that I can beat on
    Hull is in good shape has a wierd paint job and has gas fill delete and good turf.

Pulled the motor out of my x2 today

Small pin Motor has ada head, Coffman pipe, dual cdk2ís, sts ebox, 650 diverted ex. Mani

Got the motor bolted and shimmed
    550 coupler installed
    And started figuring out what I need to do to make my Coffman pipe fit gonna be tight

Things I still need to do or figure out

Water box
    Ebox placement
    Set the ski up for dual cooling
    Plumb it
    Set up hand pole
    Re jet carbs
    New hood seal
    Install js550 pump. Have a skat trak 6 for it donít know if that will work well

Eventually want to do a 750 pump conversion but donít have the money for it right now

Have a west coast oversized tank to go in it that looks like it will fit.

Hereís what I got so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

I attempted to use the same exhaust on my 55/750 build but I ran into several fitment issues. (If interested, check 'FOG's 550/750 Build...' thread, post #119). At this point, I would recommend that you mock up the engine, complete exhaust, including the large hose/clamp for chamber to pipe, and the gas tank. This should highlight any fitment issues you might have. I ended up abandoning that exhaust and found a PJS setup that fit in the hull.

The 550 Skat 16 is going to be under-pitched for your setup. Consider not boring nozzle at this time so as not to compound the issue. I went with Skat 20, bored nozzle, and blueprinted 550 pump.

Good luck with the build! There are some really great conversion builders here and , hopefully, they will chime in and cheer you on.
    I'll quit before I sit~~~

PWCToday Regular

Right on fog I have read your build thread before and forgot about reading the exhaust issue. My roommate has a 650sx Coffman all orange that I might try to use if I can use this one. The one he has is smaller in diameter. I donít know if itís a full Coffman I know the head pipe is Coffman

PWCToday Regular

Resident Guru

The Westcoast pipe will be more difficult to fit because the chamber can't easily be lowered since its all one piece. A 3 piece pipe is easy to lower for 550 use.
    Last edited by kweasel; 08-12-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kweasel View Post
    The Westcoast pipe will be more difficult to fit because the chamber can't easily be lowered since its all one piece. A 3 piece pipe is easy to lower for 550 use.
    Both pipes are 3 pieces and both are coffmans. One is like 5Ē In diameter and the other one is 4 I think. The orange one Iím gonna try to use and trade my roommate.

PWCToday Regular

Got some more done today. Whipped up a quick Bracket for the ebox. Have to counter sink 2 more holes out of the 4 holes where the original 550 ebox mounted to get it more rigid.

It was a tight fit but should work fine.

Need to order some parts soon

Ebox plugs
    Water box
    Impeller

I think Iím gonna have everything else

Looks great so far! I did the Yamaha 701/550 conversion and only pipe i could fit was a stock kawi 650sx pipe on a factory pipe manifold. The word out there Is the kawi 750 motors are a little narrower than a Yamaha 701. I even bought a minty fresh factory 650 B-pipe and there was no way it would fit without blistering the port side of the hull!

Iím interested to see how the pjs 3 piece fits. Is it made for a 750 or a 650?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1995 FX-1: Pro-Tec chamber~Skat swirl~Pro-Tec plate~Blowsion Destroyers

1990 Square Nose: Blue ported Jetmaniac 718~#ZERO lightened/drilled flywheel~ADA girdled/32cc~701 B pipe/flow control~Hooker 9-15~AAA pole~Pro-Tec rideplate~Tom21 Tubbies and nose piece

2014 Super jet waiting on a B pipe and Hooker....

PWCToday Regular

Ya itís tighter then expected. And the other pipe Iím supposed to use is another Coffman. Itís just skinnier. Iím pretty sure the whole thing is Coffman. Or the chamber is different and the head pipe is Coffman. Im gonna pulled it today and mock it up and will report back

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I attempted to use the same exhaust on my 55/750 build but I ran into several fitment issues. (If interested, check 'FOG's 550/750 Build...' thread, post #119). At this point, I would recommend that you mock up the engine, complete exhaust, including the large hose/clamp for chamber to pipe, and the gas tank. This should highlight any fitment issues you might have. I ended up abandoning that exhaust and found a PJS setup that fit in the hull.

The 550 Skat 16 is going to be under-pitched for your setup. Consider not boring nozzle at this time so as not to compound the issue. I went with Skat 20, bored nozzle, and blueprinted 550 pump.

Good luck with the build! There are some really great conversion builders here and , hopefully, they will chime in and cheer you on.
    Here are a few of the older builds, some pics are gone or links broken but there is tons of good info here-

Angry Benny - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...627&highlight=
    Ugly Red - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...679&highlight=
    550sx/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...009&highlight=
    Angry Cardinal - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...768&highlight=
    FOG’s 550/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...296&highlight=
    Goats 550 to 750 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...055&highlight=
    Conversion ski - Conversion pump – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...762&highlight=
    Conversion ski 3.0 - Http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...500&highlight=
    Conversion ski 4.0 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...300&highlight=
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information