Skeeters 550/750 swap
pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Starting a build thread for my 750 swap
    Wont be anything fancy hopefully just a good running ski that I can beat on
    Hull is in good shape has a wierd paint job and has gas fill delete and good turf.

    Pulled the motor out of my x2 today

    Small pin Motor has ada head, Coffman pipe, dual cdk2s, sts ebox, 650 diverted ex. Mani

    Got the motor bolted and shimmed
    550 coupler installed
    And started figuring out what I need to do to make my Coffman pipe fit gonna be tight

    Things I still need to do or figure out

    Water box
    Ebox placement
    Set the ski up for dual cooling
    Plumb it
    Set up hand pole
    Re jet carbs
    New hood seal
    Install js550 pump. Have a skat trak 6 for it dont know if that will work well

    Eventually want to do a 750 pump conversion but dont have the money for it right now

    Have a west coast oversized tank to go in it that looks like it will fit.

    Heres what I got so far










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Top Dog FOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, NV
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    I attempted to use the same exhaust on my 55/750 build but I ran into several fitment issues. (If interested, check 'FOG's 550/750 Build...' thread, post #119). At this point, I would recommend that you mock up the engine, complete exhaust, including the large hose/clamp for chamber to pipe, and the gas tank. This should highlight any fitment issues you might have. I ended up abandoning that exhaust and found a PJS setup that fit in the hull.

    The 550 Skat 16 is going to be under-pitched for your setup. Consider not boring nozzle at this time so as not to compound the issue. I went with Skat 20, bored nozzle, and blueprinted 550 pump.

    Good luck with the build! There are some really great conversion builders here and , hopefully, they will chime in and cheer you on.
    I'll quit before I sit~~~

  3. #3
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE MI
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,309

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I attempted to use the same exhaust on my 55/750 build but I ran into several fitment issues. (If interested, check 'FOG's 550/750 Build...' thread, post #119). At this point, I would recommend that you mock up the engine, complete exhaust, including the large hose/clamp for chamber to pipe, and the gas tank. This should highlight any fitment issues you might have. I ended up abandoning that exhaust and found a PJS setup that fit in the hull.

    The 550 Skat 16 is going to be under-pitched for your setup. Consider not boring nozzle at this time so as not to compound the issue. I went with Skat 20, bored nozzle, and blueprinted 550 pump.

    Good luck with the build! There are some really great conversion builders here and , hopefully, they will chime in and cheer you on.
    Here are a few of the older builds, some pics are gone or links broken but there is tons of good info here-

    Angry Benny - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...627&highlight=
    Ugly Red - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...679&highlight=
    550sx/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...009&highlight=
    Angry Cardinal - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...768&highlight=
    FOG’s 550/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...296&highlight=
    Goats 550 to 750 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...055&highlight=
    Conversion ski - Conversion pump – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...762&highlight=
    Conversion ski 3.0 - Http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...500&highlight=
    Conversion ski 4.0 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...300&highlight=
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  4. #4
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Thanks for the links but for some reason there not working


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE MI
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,309

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Quote Originally Posted by hondamatt450 View Post
    Thanks for the links but for some reason there not working
    OK, try these:

    JS Conversion freeride ski – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=466927 or Google – pwctoday 466927
    Another 550/750 build – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=452262 or Google – pwctoday 452262
    Muffins Modern 550/750 racer - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=455911 Or Google - pwctoday 458911
    Bulldog 550 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=457962 or Google – pwctoday 457962
    JS300 to 750 Surf Machine – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=456013 or Google – pwctoday 456013
    Angry Benny - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=429627 or Google – pwctoday 429627
    Ugly Red - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=306679 or Google – pwctoday 306679
    550sx/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=347009 or Google – pwctoday 347009
    Angry Cardinal - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=339768 or Google – pwctoday 339768
    FOG’s 550/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=309296 or Google – pwctoday 309296
    Goats 550 to 750 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=397055 or Google – pwctoday 397055
    Conversion ski - Conversion pump – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=152762 or Google – pwctoday 152762
    Conversion ski 3.0 - Http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=325500 or Google – pwctoday 325500
    Conversion ski 4.0 – http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=436300 or Google – pwctoday 436300
    Conversion build 1994, 2007 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=98286 Or Google - pwctoday 98286
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  6. #6
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    OK, try these:

    JS Conversion freeride ski http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=466927 or Google pwctoday 466927
    Another 550/750 build http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=452262 or Google pwctoday 452262
    Muffins Modern 550/750 racer - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=455911 Or Google - pwctoday 458911
    Bulldog 550 http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=457962 or Google pwctoday 457962
    JS300 to 750 Surf Machine http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=456013 or Google pwctoday 456013
    Angry Benny - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=429627 or Google pwctoday 429627
    Ugly Red - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=306679 or Google pwctoday 306679
    550sx/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=347009 or Google pwctoday 347009
    Angry Cardinal - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=339768 or Google pwctoday 339768
    FOGs 550/750 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=309296 or Google pwctoday 309296
    Goats 550 to 750 http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=397055 or Google pwctoday 397055
    Conversion ski - Conversion pump http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=152762 or Google pwctoday 152762
    Conversion ski 3.0 - Http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=325500 or Google pwctoday 325500
    Conversion ski 4.0 http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=436300 or Google pwctoday 436300
    Conversion build 1994, 2007 - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=98286 Or Google - pwctoday 98286
    They work now. Right on thanks. Got a lot of reading to do now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Right on fog I have read your build thread before and forgot about reading the exhaust issue. My roommate has a 650sx Coffman all orange that I might try to use if I can use this one. The one he has is smaller in diameter. I dont know if its a full Coffman I know the head pipe is Coffman


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Resident Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    The Westcoast pipe will be more difficult to fit because the chamber can't easily be lowered since its all one piece. A 3 piece pipe is easy to lower for 550 use.
    Last edited by kweasel; 08-12-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    What exactly does the IJSBA do?

  10. #10
    PWCToday Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    redwood city, bay area, ca
    Age
    29
    Posts
    90

    Re: Skeeters 550/750 swap

    Quote Originally Posted by kweasel View Post
    The Westcoast pipe will be more difficult to fit because the chamber can't easily be lowered since its all one piece. A 3 piece pipe is easy to lower for 550 use.
    Both pipes are 3 pieces and both are coffmans. One is like 5 In diameter and the other one is 4 I think. The orange one Im gonna try to use and trade my roommate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0