Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Will a double PWC trailer fit through a std 8ft garage door

I'm thinking about getting one (a Loadrite) and it says its outside dimensions are 96", but an 8ft door is .... well ... 96"! Will it fit? Can I wiggle it in?

Anyone? Chad

As long as both wheels are not going through at the same time you should be okay. I'd measure that opening on the door though. It might be a little less than 96".
    94 Blaster x2 94 SJ 04 R12X
    Click this=>https://www.awahq.org/p/joinNow.php And Join!

PWCToday Guru
    mine fit through one - just barely.

I wouldn't want to be taking it in and out of one on a daily basis though.

mine does BUT and this is a HUGE BUT to make it fit I have to remove the trailer fenders and on my trailer I have the 8x20.5 tire so I have to remove the tires and put 4 x 12 then I have to pick up my gp and pull it over to the middle of the trailer because it hangs over on that side. The Blaster does not have to be moved(of course thats the lighter one) I also had to remove the trim around the garage door for it to fit and those stuip eye things that don't let the door close those have to be removed. Even will all that its still tight but CAN be done

clumsy
    My double trailer won't fit through. Wish I knew that before I bought it.

PWCToday Regular
    ......and I thought putting one in our garage was a tight fit with only a couple inches on either side. Guess we have a 8 1/2 foot door.
    "Who is shooting me in the legs i wonder quietly to myself?" -Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Water Worx
    I have been a Seadoo tech for 16 years & IMO they are the biggest piece of #$@% that has ever hit the water.
    Even the smartest people in the world don\'t know it all, they\'re just willing to shut-up, listen and learn. ~Chris~

IDJetPilot
    When I back my 2-place Ziemann into my "RV" parking on the side of my house, I have 2 - 3 inches TOPS on each side. If anything, you get good at backing up trailers in a hurry...

Banned
    once the fenders are off, taking bearing buddies off every time you move the trailer in or out will get old quick and you dont want to not use bearing buddies. you could get the axle cut and rewelded and possibly lose a few inches depending on how much room there is between the frame and the tires.

ive seen 7' wide double trailers before. what kind of skis do ya have? big couches? standups?

PWCToday Regular
    I've got a full size double trailer-(96" I guess) It stretches from the white line past the yellow line on these country roads. I'll meausure the door tommorrow, I'm curious now....
    "Who is shooting me in the legs i wonder quietly to myself?" -Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Water Worx
    I have been a Seadoo tech for 16 years & IMO they are the biggest piece of #$@% that has ever hit the water.
    Even the smartest people in the world don\'t know it all, they\'re just willing to shut-up, listen and learn. ~Chris~

bentrod
    My double trailer with 2 FX140 fits along with my 99 tahoe, leaves a little wiggle room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information