User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

What's Next? Zombies?

The water level at Lake Mead is beyond tragic! Due to a very busy month of June, I had not gone out on my new Waverunner the entire month of June ("forgive me Father, for I have sinned...") and went out yesterday. Boulder Harbor is now closed for rehab due to extreme low water levels and Hemenway Harbor just re-opened with only ONE LANE. As I drove up to the Ready Lane, I spoke with the NDOW guy and he said the wait was about 45 minutes. So, I drove over to PWC beach but because the water level is SO LOW, I would have had to basically submerge my Volvo just to launch.

I returned to Hemenway and it took about an hour. I finally launched about 11amm and made the mental note the line was going to be much worse in the afternoon. I only went out for about 90 minutes and it was just great to find a private beach to swim and cool off but because of the water levels and the inability to launch, it was noticeable there were quite a few less boaters on the water.

I think I waiting in line 90 minutes to retrieve my Waverunner and as I was pulling away, the line was twice as long as when I first entered. UGH. I doubt I will return until October. The good news is I suspect I will barely break 20 hours on the new ski this year which means if there is a Zombie Apocalypse, my ski will be ready to go!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Re: What's Next? Zombies?

Good Lord !

That’s sad to see. I love Mead and Davis. My buddy is in Havasu right now for the week. So I will ask him how it is there.

If the ocean ever dries up. No more riding for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Good Lord !

If the ocean ever dries up. No more riding for me!
    Unfortunately, that could be a prophetic quote? YIKES!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vegasphotog View Post
    Unfortunately, that could be a prophetic quote? YIKES!
    I’m not a prophet(that I’m aware of). Unless prophets love riding watercraft!

If the ocean waters parted:

9CE699E1-E721-42E7-A3FA-33A1FDA5FA62.gif
    Last edited by Cliff; 07-06-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Last edited by vegasphotog; 07-08-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Pretty amazing, I have been in Vegas 30+ years, have seen it go from full pool, going over the spill gates in the upper position to where we are today. They need to stop playing games and release more from the upper reservoirs and Powell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Pretty amazing, I have been in Vegas 30+ years, have seen it go from full pool, going over the spill gates in the upper position to where we are today. They need to stop playing games and release more from the upper reservoirs and Powell.
    I don't know sheit for sheit, but, I do know the water authority is an overzealous political body and I think they are doing this as a power play versus just open the straw and give us some freekin water...

Thread Information