650 protec pipe on 701
pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Frequent Poster RiverWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    boulder city
    Posts
    286

    650 protec pipe on 701

    I have this 650 square nose with a pro tec pipe on it. Is this specifically for the 650 or would It also work on a 701? Attachment 548660
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Buffalo
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,340

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    What 701? 61x or 62T? You may have issues with bolt hole size on a 62T and may need to open/port match the manifold to the cylinder on either 701 application.


  3. #3
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    I run one on a ported 64X 760. I love this pipe. Just make sure all of the mounting hardware/ rubber grommets are in good condition. I just replaced all my mounting bolts and grommets this winter. These pipes can come loose and cause issues if not monitored and inspected regularly. Good, solid and new hardware eliminates most concerns.

    Also, some of the pipes I have seen have one mounting tab to the head and some have two. However, the manifold and pipe appear to be the same. They make really good power and sound really good as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Benflynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Yes and will hit hard as ****

  5. #5
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Benflynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    And use factory bpipe jetting

  6. #6
    Frequent Poster RiverWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    boulder city
    Posts
    286

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushford_Ripper View Post
    What 701? 61x or 62T? You may have issues with bolt hole size on a 62T and may need to open/port match the manifold to the cylinder on either 701 application.
    61x. Thank you!

  7. #7
    Frequent Poster RiverWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    boulder city
    Posts
    286

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    I run one on a ported 64X 760. I love this pipe. Just make sure all of the mounting hardware/ rubber grommets are in good condition. I just replaced all my mounting bolts and grommets this winter. These pipes can come loose and cause issues if not monitored and inspected regularly. Good, solid and new hardware eliminates most concerns.

    Also, some of the pipes I have seen have one mounting tab to the head and some have two. However, the manifold and pipe appear to be the same. They make really good power and sound really good as well.
    Mine has 1 tab. Thanks for the tips!

    Quote Originally Posted by Benflynn View Post
    Yes and will hit hard as ****
    **** ya! thank you for jetting info

  8. #8
    Frequent Poster RiverWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    boulder city
    Posts
    286

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Nate your pipe is so pretty
    Last edited by RiverWF; 05-04-2019 at 06:53 AM.

  9. #9
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    45

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Hey did you have to port your exhaust manifold when switching to the 701? Or just run it as is? Thanks!

  10. #10
    PWCToday Regular NoMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Oaklawn IL
    Posts
    63

    Re: 650 protec pipe on 701

    Quote Originally Posted by schwab16 View Post
    Hey did you have to port your exhaust manifold when switching to the 701? Or just run it as is? Thanks!
    I stumbled on this and have same exact situation. Pro tec 650 exhaust tryng to swap it to the 701 62t. Did you ever succeed in this if so any issues with fitment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0