Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: X2 throttle response

Update!

So I met this guy on the lake and to make a long story short, he sold me a sbn44 with a WC flame arrestor and a WC intake mani, new reed gaskets and it runs waaay better than with the dual sbn38s BUT it still (not as bad) runs away when I jump a wave and the high speed needle comes a point where no matter how much you unscrew it, it just doesn't give more fuel. Do you think the high speed jet is undersized?

Thanks!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
    87 kawasaki X2 with all the westcoast bolt on goodies
    88 Kawasaki 650SX
    01 yamaha XL700

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

what jetting on the 44 are you running? what size needle and seat and what spring are you running? does it idle out of the water? it almost sounds like either youre holding the throttle open without realizing it or your throttle is sticking while youre jumping waves

with the 44 on the 650 youll want somewhere between 20-25 psi popoff, 110-120 pilot jet and 130-145 main jet. start with adjustment screws 1 turn out and go from there. i was 115 pilot 2.0 n/s, 95g spring, 135 main with a 650 and a west coast pipe in my x2
    96 superjet- rockered, -4, wide tray, adjustable footholds, kv148 mag setback pump, skat 7/14 impeller, rrp adjustable pole, blowsion ovp steering, 62t/62t, ada head, zeel A02T cdi, dual 44s, boysen power reeds, TNT SS chamber

93-x2, newmiller ported SP750, milled head, R&D single 46 intake, sbn46, fpp blaster chamber pipe, hooker 9/15, umi, rhaas squirrel cage, dakine foot straps

Hey!
    I'm not sure of the jetting, I need to take the carb apart and see. But after more test riding I noticed that it seems it's not actually running away anymore, it just takes a while for the rpms to drop when the pump gets onloaded... The best description would be like if it had a very very heavy flywheel. Maybe it still kind of running away if that's possible? I think I need to test it more next weekend.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
    87 kawasaki X2 with all the westcoast bolt on goodies
    88 Kawasaki 650SX
    01 yamaha XL700

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information