Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Damaged hull 2020 sea doo 270

I just got this 2020 sea doo and it has hull damage
    I need advice of some experts who have fixed this type of polytec gen 2 hulls.

What is the best coarse to fix this properly?
    Do I have to take out the top deck and the front end so the hull can be accessed from the inside ? Or so I have to take out the engine and the hull all together?

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Damaged hull 2020 sea doo 270

PWCToday Newbie

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

You sure that's Polytec and not CMtec? The Spark hull is Polytec (plastic), and that's not broken like plastic. The CMtec is very similar to the older SMC with the exception of the outer color layer being acrylic molded right onto the SMC. Repair it with epoxy resin and glass cloth and finish it with paint.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

I would pull motor take hull to dump.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    You sure that's Polytec and not CMtec? The Spark hull is Polytec (plastic), and that's not broken like plastic. The CMtec is very similar to the older SMC with the exception of the outer color layer being acrylic molded right onto the SMC. Repair it with epoxy resin and glass cloth and finish it with paint.
    Well, that's what I read online but I could be wrong. This is a GTX 270.
    One ship says let's weld the plastic together and another says let's fix it with carbon fiber

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday Newbie

Ok thank you
    So it seems that the GTX s are all fiberglass hull and the other models are polytec
    Does anyone know if I can just take the top deck off and the front end and that way we can access inside of the hull ?
    They need to access it from the inside but all the damage is in the front end. I want to avoided removing the engine
    Last edited by Smokemaker; 11-24-2020 at 05:42 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

The bottom hull half is multilayered. The bottom, then an inner shell. I suppose one could cut out enough inner structure up front to access the backside of the outer hull bottom. Then place the part you cut out back in last with epoxy. But, trying to accomplish that through the front hatch opening will be a different story all together. That could potentially be repaired completely from the outside with some "out-of-the-box" thinking. Such as....stainless strapping screwed or riveted across the damage to hold everything in shape....pour in 2 part foam to fill the voids....trim the foam back a bit beyond flush.....then glass cloth and epoxy resin in layers to rebuild the surface. If I bought that thing cheap at an auction to keep for myself, that's how I'd do it.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    The bottom hull half is multilayered. The bottom, then an inner shell. I suppose one could cut out enough inner structure up front to access the backside of the outer hull bottom. Then place the part you cut out back in last with epoxy. But, trying to accomplish that through the front hatch opening will be a different story all together. That could potentially be repaired completely from the outside with some "out-of-the-box" thinking. Such as....stainless strapping screwed or riveted across the damage to hold everything in shape....pour in 2 part foam to fill the voids....trim the foam back a bit beyond flush.....then glass cloth and epoxy resin in layers to rebuild the surface. If I bought that thing cheap at an auction to keep for myself, that's how I'd do it.
    Well I don't need to access the lower hull. The damage seems to be only in the front. So I want to try to take the top deck off and see if it can just be accessed that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information