Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: New to skis

PWCToday Newbie

New to skis

Hi everyone

I recently discovered this forum as I begin my adventure into the world of jet skis. I recently purchased two skis that have been sat for a while (I am told winterized but we will see), and am looking for resources to help get me oriented with the maintenance and rebuilding

The skis are old and seem to have been well maintained when they were used, but with time and being sat for a while have deteriorated and may need some work. They do start, but struggle a little and need throttle to not die. I am reasonably proficient working on engines (I do my own car and motorcycle maintenance) and am confident I can get them ticking nicely again

On my list is carb rebuild, clean/replace the fuel filter, new spark plugs, and replace the fuel and oil lines from OEM.

Any recommendations for carb rebuild kits greatly appreciated. I have read not to go with aftermarket but stick to Mikuni kits. This seems to be the right one but I am pleasantly surprised at the price... https://www.watercraftsuperstore.net...&json_search=1).

Look forward to getting suck in, and thanks in advance for pointers and tips

Thanks all

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Re: New to skis

Welcome to the site.

You’ll receive more input/posts if you disclose the year make and models.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery View Post
    Welcome to the site.

You’ll receive more input/posts if you disclose the year make and models.
    Ah - sorry about that, not sure what I was thinking! Yamaha 1995 WaveRaider RA700AT, and Yamaha 1998 WaveRunner GP760X
    Last edited by ds25; 11-16-2020 at 08:30 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Welcome. You'll be surprised how easy they can be to get running to nearly original again. You will find that the best help will be from the Yamaha technical discussion.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

Are hoses stuck on to the carbs are well known issue? Even with the zip ties removed, and the carbs still in place so I have some leverage, I cannot get the darn things off!

Thread Information