Bad day on the water for new owner 94 750...(flipped)
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Bad day on the water for new owner 94 750...(flipped)

Hello all..bare with me..new owner. Was testing the new ski. Everything ran okay..carbs need to be cleaned but she did run and got going well. I did premix fuel just as precaution since I havnt replaced any lines yet. However the last round before bringing her in..I was doing maybe 3mph in circles...turned out of it to line up with the dock and I flipped her. Very slow moving..anywho..I flipped back over..and tried to mount and ended up flipping again...needless to say the engine got full of water...my carb/flame thing is broken from previous owner so water definitely entered from carbs. I parked it for the night. Didn't start it. But ill pull the plugs tomorrow and dry crank her...any other suggestions besides that? Also I read somewhere to flip the ski back over counter clockwise...is this true? If so why?

PWCToday Regular

Re: Bad day on the water for new owner 94 750...(flipped)

Most Polaris skis came with a sticker on the the back, below the bond line. It was upside down so that it could be read easily while the ski is flipped. It tells you which way to turn it back over. If the ski not upside down for long and you flip it back over the correct direction, you can get back on and start it and be on your way. If you flip it back the wrong way, water will go into the engine and cause problems.

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Tapatalk

I gotcha. And its definitely full of water...I'll remove the plugs and crank it tmrw and hope for the best

PWCToday Regular

Yeah, pull the plugs, hold the throttle open and crank it. If little to no water comes out you may have it running again pretty easily. If you have a fountain it will take some time to get it cleared out and running. Clear as much as you can by cranking with the plugs out I always used compressed air to blow off the plugs and blow through the plug holes. Then I would install at least one plug and try to start it. When it tries to start the additional RPM will kick up water you couldn't get by cranking which will probably foul the plug. So you might have to clean it several several times before it will stay running. If one cylinder seems drier than the others I work on getting it to run on that one first. Then the others should be easy. Then I would go put it in the water and run it for a little while to get it fully dried out.

I removed plugs and cranked. Well first I removed the oil tank and drained it and the oil line...had water. I didn't want to chance it. I did get lots of water from pistons. Got most of it out. Took her to the lake and ran her for about a hour. No issues

PWCToday Regular

That's great! And good catch on the water in the oil. If you are keeping the oil injection make sure you get all the air out of the line.

I cranked and cranked but premixed the fuel too. So hopefully it was ok haha..I know I'm over oiling but ill stop premix once I replace all oil lines and check valve

Thread Information