• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caflanag
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Sep 2020

Fuel Injector Rebuild Parts 2002 F-12X

Hi everyone. I wanted to share a discovery in the event anyone else is searching like I have.

I've been searching for fuel injector rebuild kits (o-rings, basket filters, plastic caps, etc) and searched for a while. I was finally able to determine that the injectors are either made by Keihin, or they make a replacement (https://www.injectorplanet.com/colle...ducts/keihin-e). Based on comparing images to the injectors that I pulled out, they look to be the same injector dimensions. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find actual dimensions to compare to.

From the looks of the injector it appears to be the same injector used for the Honda Civic 1.7L engines, 2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, as well as the F-12X.

Since they appeared to be the same injector, I ordered a rebuild kit ($19 on ebay for all 4: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-INJECT....c100677.m4598).

I will post an update after I've put them back together. I have some cleaning in the fuel rail and the throttle body to remove some corrosion. Hopefully everything will go back together and seal up as it is supposed to.
  • RenoJetTech
    Resident Guru
    • Apr 2009

Re: Fuel Injector Rebuild Parts 2002 F-12X

Cool. Is that because Honda OEM didnt support or just time and distance issues ?
    I think I'll be able to get some jet pump parts on one of the f-12's I maintain, just gotta go in person to double check.
    Also have to find the fuel filter part/s numbers, you replace that yet ? Is there 1 main or 2 ?
    My one go to doesnt even list Honda PWC anymore !
    '88 550-ride plate,intake grate,intake manfold,carb
    '96 GTX-1mm overbore,F/a's,intake grate,port timed for mid and top end
    '95 FX 1- usually take this motor to 753cc with exhaust porting and reeds

Comment

• Caflanag
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Sep 2020

Re: Fuel Injector Rebuild Parts 2002 F-12X

I was looking for complete kits including the basket strainer, o-rings, and plastic parts. The only parts available from Honda were the 0-rings at around $8 each.

I've gotten them cleaned and rebuilt, just waiting on the o-rings between the throttle body and the cylinders.

Comment

Working...
      X