Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

951 Rebuild with Fullboreonline.com questions

Hi,

I'm new here. I've read a lot of great information others have posted and I wanted to say how much I appreciate all the good conversations that have been had and the learning I've had. I'm new to the PWC world. I have a 2000 Seadoo LRV.

I am getting the engine rebuilt with the "HD Premium 951 rebuild with 1000cc" from www.fullboreonline.com this year. It doesn't have the oil pump or tank on it, so it's going to be premix. Here are my questions:

1. The rave valves were modified by the last owner to work off of exhaust pressure. Should I fix it to run on carb pressure?
    2. Do I need to do change anything to go to 1000 cc from 951?

Thanks in advance. Here's the link to the engine rebuild: http://www.fullboreonline.com/Sea%20...%20motors.html

Re: 951 Rebuild with Fullboreonline.com questions

Beware that Full Bore has very slow turn around times.

A Local Friend waited 3 months to get a Kaw 750 SXi Cylinder Bored & Honed...missed most of the Summer Riding Season.
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 10-05-2020 at 09:21 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

JC-SuperJet - Thanks for the comments and they are definitely noted. I've talked to them a fair amount about the timeliness based on other reviews I've seen and have confidence they'll take care of business for me. The other thing I read about them is that they do excellent work. In fact, I haven't seen a single negative product or work quality review. The engine probably is due to be rebuilt anyway. The machine has 250 hours on it and I am the 4th owner. Based on what I've found elsewhere on the machine, it wasn't taken very good care of. It looks like it spent a good amount of time riding on beaches. I'm grinding out fiberglass cracks and am re-building the bad spots, then all new gelcote on the hull bottom. I'm putting in all new hoses throughout. Pulled the gas tank out and washed it thoroughly at the hand-held car wash. Its taken a lot of work.

Any thoughts on using carb pressure (original) or exhaust pressure to operated the rave valves?
    Any experience on rejetting or other possible carb needs when going from 951cc to 1000cc?

blue sxr kawadoo4.jpeggrey sxr doo2.jpegAll the High Performance 951 Engine Rave Valves I've seen run on Exhaust Pressure.

Watercraft Magic can give you the correct jetting for your set-up.

Good luck on the Full Bore turn-around time...
    Last edited by JC-SuperJet; 10-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JC-SuperJet View Post
    blue sxr kawadoo4.jpeggrey sxr doo2.jpegAll the High Performance 951 Engine Rave Valves I've seen run on Exhaust Pressure.

Watercraft Magic can give you the correct jetting for your set-up.

Good luck on the Full Bore turn-around time...
    I've read things that say anything from use stock springs to something different in the rave valves when running on exhaust pressure. Do you have any thoughts or experience on that?

Do you use the Tiny-Tach because it is more accurate than the display?

Thanks,
    Bryan

That 951 Engine with the Tiny-Tach was in an SXR 800 Hull; no Display Tacho.

I only trust PET Tachometers. The Tiny-Tach was mainly there to track engine-hours.

Have you called Watercraft Magic yet?

PWCToday Newbie

I've been in conversation with them. They recommended increasing the main jets by 5pts. They initially recommended a 25 psi pop-off on the carbs, where the book states 19-23 psi, so I'm getting confirmation on that. Regarding the Rave Valves, they said if the conversion is done right there shouldn't be a problem with the stock springs. I'm going to take them apart and send pictures to them.

PWCToday Newbie

No wonder it seemed a little light on power when it was running fast. The rave valves were plugged off and no one took the time to drill out the exhaust so they'd continue to open. Felt a little gutless and it was hard for it to get up on plane. No wonder.

Thread Information