Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 1995 Wave Venture 700 guidance

Need some advice guys - rebuilding the carbs as we speak and on the front carb I am not sure what if I need more then the o-ring pictured. All the diagrams show the fuel pump side with a black gasket but on the front I am not sure if I need to add the gasket or not. There wasnt one on the carb when I ok it off but I dont have a lot of confidence in the "mechanic" that fixed the carbs before as he said he ultra sonic cleaned them but clearly they werent. Any help I would appreciate.

PXL_20200926_195145879.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.04.28 PM.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Extra stuff on the fuel pump carb only. The other carb only gets the o'ring and the flat cover. Rub that cover on some sandpaper taped to a flat surface too, they almost always have uneven spots.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Extra stuff on the fuel pump carb only. The other carb only gets the o'ring and the flat cover. Rub that cover on some sandpaper taped to a flat surface too, they almost always have uneven spots.
    Awesome thank you! I got everything put back together but in the process of rebuild I checked the internal filters and it didnt look good - My concern is that its something to do with the fuel lines but not sure. Ive attached a photo if you have any idea what it is or I should be concerned now that I did the rebuild. Both filters had the same type of debris.

PXL_20200926_185949112.jpg

Any time a machine sits unused for a year or more you HAVE to go through the ENTIRE fuel system. Sometimes that means pulling a fuel tank to flush, and/or replacing all the fuel lines.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Any time a machine sits unused for a year or more you HAVE to go through the ENTIRE fuel system. Sometimes that means pulling a fuel tank to flush, and/or replacing all the fuel lines.
    I guess I had a little too much trust in the previous owner on what he said he did to it. I will go ahead an order some fuel lines, I drained and checked gas tank already and replaced the fuel filter (Inline and now in the carbs).

I use the 1/4" blue poly gas line from Motion Pro. You can also use regular rubber fuel line or Tygon, which should be readily available at your local auto parts store (not Autozone).

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

PWCToday Newbie

I use the 1/4" blue poly gas line from Motion Pro. You can also use regular rubber fuel line or Tygon, which should be readily available at your local auto parts store (not Autozone).
    I went ahead and ordered the blue polyurethane line from SBT before I saw your reply so hopefully it is a good one.

PWCToday Newbie

Well I got everything all hooked up and new fuel lines run and it doesnt seem to want to start. I noticed that there was little to no gas pumping through the lines so I put my hand over the top of carbs choked and was able to get it to pull gas but if I dont have my hand there it doesnt seem to be enough pressure to pull the gas. Any ideas what I could have done wrong? I am pulling the carbs back off to go through the fuel pump again and make sure I am not missing anything but have no idea what it could be. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Is the pulse hose in good shape?

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

PWCToday Newbie

Is the pulse hose in good shape?
    When it started happening that was my thought so I replaced with some extra line I had but same issue. Could one of the fuel pump check valves cause this? I know they are concave and I thought I put them the current way (blue line on top) but not sure what else it could be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information