Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snsj carbon hoods

Just putting this out there to see if there is interest or not. Within the next couple months i will be pulling a mold off of my lowered SNSJ hood and laying up a Carbon Fiber one for myself. When completed I will post pictures, building a mold for a couple hoods is cheap, building a mold to build multiple hoods is expensive and time consuming. Just trying to gauge interest before i invest in a nice re-usable mold build.

The Hoods would be 100% carbon, lowered (to seam) with a flat inner tray that has enough clearance for b-pipe manifolds and tall velocity stacks, and two 2.5" flanges for intake drop hoses. They will not be drilled for hood latches but those areas will be accessible for drilling and through bolting.

They will be vacuum infused therefore material to resin ratio is optimal for strength and weight. they will have a raw carbon appearance rather than white gel coat.

price should come in between $675-$800 depending on strength needed for surf riding or recreational.

Weight will be around 8 lbs

lead time on a single order would be 3 weeks (its a hobby)

Please respond if you would be interested.

Thank You

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

Re: Snsj carbon hoods

Good to see someone showing some love for the SN! Are you going to do a nose piece as well?
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

I dream skis

Not that I'm not interested or naysaying but CarterB does lightweight lowered hoods for just over 500 bucks. I'd be interested at a lower price point with a finished product to inspect.
    1994 WB1 1100 conversion - 57mph on GPS

Quote Originally Posted by StuRat View Post
    Not that I'm not interested or naysaying but CarterB does lightweight lowered hoods for just over 500 bucks. I'd be interested at a lower price point with a finished product to inspect.

this will be a complete hood. Not a modified factory hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Good to see someone showing some love for the SN! Are you going to do a nose piece as well?
    No, there are several on the market already.

Frequent Poster RowdyRowdyKraig's Avatar

Iíd be interested but price point is a bit higher than Iím looking to spend. Just rec ride, bought an sj and the hood is cracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by 750sxipro View Post
    No, there are several on the market already.
    To be honest, no there really are not. Tom21 I don't think makes the SN nose piece anymore... 24/7 same thing. CarterB makes the rocker kit, but that's it. And they're usually made to order.

I feel squares will be making a comeback very soon. People are getting fed up with stock RN 61x for $5k.
    1994 WB1 1100 conversion - 57mph on GPS

To be honest, no there really are not. Tom21 I don't think makes the SN nose piece anymore... 24/7 same thing. CarterB makes the rocker kit, but that's it. And they're usually made to order.

I feel squares will be making a comeback very soon. People are getting fed up with stock RN 61x for $5k.

well if thatís the case I can always pull a mold off mine once it is completed. Stay tuned!

thank you for the input so far

I dream skis

Are you doing carbon work now or is this new to you? I do a few carbon parts for the skis but I never get to see what other people are doing. If you have any pics it would be cool to see. Good luck with the hood they should sell.

PWCToday Regular

Your right round nose r rediculus price these days!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information