Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

2020 RXP Performance Issue

I'm really pulling my hair out over this issue and I'm hoping some of the experts on this forum could weigh in. I recently picked up a 2020 Sea Doo RXP 300 with about 25 hours on it in essentially new condition. The only mods are a Riva catch can and SCOM (also has new oem impeller and wear ring).

While the ski is quick it's not as fast as it should be. The best 0-60 I get is in the mid 5 seconds while everyone else is in the low 4s or even high 3s. Also, it's only maxing out at 71 mph and has trouble reving to 7700/7800 rpm when max hp is achieved at 8k.

First thing I checked was the oil and found it was over a quart overfilled. After getting the oil filled correctly still no difference. Next I pulled the intercooler thinking the excess oil got in there but it is completely clean, like new. Next I replaced the plugs and just tested it this evening and it's still pulling 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.

What else should I be looking at? It's essentially a brand new ski so I don't understand why it's not performing at 100%. Thanks in advance!

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2020 RXP Performance Issue

Currently my 2012 RXT 260 AS (Suspension model - 1000 lb beast) accelerates to 60 just as quickly as my lightly modded 2020 RXP 300 (Roughly 5.5 seconds). Something is wrong here...

Any suggestions?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

If the impeller was changed. Is it the same OEM pitched impeller that came out of there? How about that wear ring? What's the clearance? But more importantly...WHY were these parts changed in the first place? I would do some investigating.
    Last edited by Cliff; 09-03-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    What would Chuck Norris do?

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    If the impeller was changed. Is it the same OEM pitched impeller that came out of there? How about that wear ring? What's the clearance? But more importantly...WHY were these parts changed in the first place? I would do some investigating.
    It was changed after the previous owner sucked up some pebbles running in the shallows. It was replaced by the dealer with the identical OEM impeller and wear ring. I wouldn't think a pump issue would cause a loss of RPM (unless of course there is a pitch change with the impeller) but I could be wrong.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Impeller is wrong is my guess

Thread Information