Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Re: 800 sxr spark issue

I have had hundreds of 750/800 flywheels come through here and I have never seen one that did that. What's up with the green gasket for the front cover in your pics. Are you running an ignition advance plate?

Quote Originally Posted by debauche View Post
    So i decided to shotgun a couple parts vs swapping. A new stator and voltage reg didnt cost much and at least they'd be new in a 17yr old ski. I pulled the cover and it looks like found the issue. There is a lot of debris in the stator cover and in flywheel area. The flywheel itself can move easily and rattles by hand. There are what looks like pressure fitted bolts around the face that are bent and loose. Can see in attached pictures. Im gonna assume i need a new flywheel at this point, but what do those pressure fitted bolts attach to or are they just part of the flywheel and part of any new one i buy?

And worst, do i need to pull engine to swap the flywheel as it looks like there is room to pull while in?

Home of Newmiller Machine

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mcn6 View Post
    I have had hundreds of 750/800 flywheels come through here and I have never seen one that did that. What's up with the green gasket for the front cover in your pics. Are you running an ignition advance plate?
    IMG_20200929_185038.jpg

Looks like it.

PWCToday Newbie

Got me parts in. Pulled the flywheel, used the grease trick and it worked like a charm. Lapped crank end.

But the key was on bottom when it took out.. what is orientation of it? Round side into flywheel or round i to crank?

And what is 2003 sxr torque for the crank bolt? Res or blue locktite?

Thanks!

PWCToday Newbie

Managed to turn crank and saw only one way key could go in. 90lbs torque, put it together and guess up fine now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information