Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

96 SL780 carb question

I searched for this question already and I couldn't find anything, so if this is a repeat I apologize.

I rebuilt the fuel pump, I could not get fuel to the carbs, I removed the fuel return line and pressurized the fuel tank to 16psi to prime the carbs, I left the pressure in the system for 4 minutes, but I never got fuel out of the return line. I thought this was odd so I felt the return outlet on the mag carb and realized that the outlet spigot is sealed off. It's this normal. Sorry about the crappy picture but that's the one I could get.

20200822_130355.jpg

PWCToday Regular

Re: 96 SL780 carb question

No, not normal. I can't tell for sure from the picture whether that barb is solid metal or just filled with something white. There are wasps that lay their eggs in holes about that size and then cover them up. If hose was off for long enough this may have happened.

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 96 SL780 carb question

Once I got the carbs off and I could look at that outlet closer it does have a pin-sized hole in the middle of it. I need to get a torch tip cleaning set to make sure that fuel can flow through that restricted outlet. It really doesn't look like it is anywhere near large enough to let fuel flow through it so I need to do some more research, but it is definitely restricted. It looks like this ski has had some performance work done it, so I am not sure if that is a performance mod, but I've got a couple of calls into some shops to see if I can get a clear answer on it.

Thanks for your reply.

Thread Information