Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dock Photos

Dock Photos

I will be building or buying a dock in the next year or two and can not decide if I want an aluminum floating dock or a fixed wooden dock. I have been weighing out the advantages of each for a year now and can't make a decision. This will be our primary place to hangout, eat, entertain, relax, & more. My wife will be working from home 30+% of the time and will most likely be setup on the dock weather permitting. Budget is set at $40K max for a double slip covered dock. We currently have a 10'x10' wooden floater with 20' gangway that we plan to keep for dock starts, skis, & swimming.

So show me what you've got. I don't care if it is yours, a friends, neighbors, or just one on the lake or river that you like. Tips, tricks, accessories, etc. would be appreciated. I searched the site and was unable to find a similar thread.

Re: Dock Photos

Sub'd!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A friend of ours owns a company in Canada that makes some of the coolest docks, lifts and marine railways I’ve ever seen. Check them out at: https://www.rjmachine.ca/docks/

Might give you some cool ideas!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I have a customer that builds custom docks, but he's in N.J. He showed me pictures of what is possible. All YOU have to do is have imagination, and a bank account..........
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_ii View Post
    A friend of ours owns a company in Canada that makes some of the coolest docks, lifts and marine railways Iíve ever seen. Check them out at: https://www.rjmachine.ca/docks/

Might give you some cool ideas!
    The constitution of these looks great for cold climates where they could be pulled out during winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that style would be awesome for cold weather climates. My favorites are the marine railways with the boat houses.

This is my dream setup: https://youtu.be/uGPDJcZayTo

Add space for two skis and that would be the BOMB!

Dock Photos

Here is my current dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by N.Penley; 08-22-2020 at 12:39 PM.

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

Lets try this again. My gangway is actually about 36' long now and it does float due to the changing lake level. and the main floating dock is 10'X10'. I have had two skis on it at once but do not plan on doing that again since they scratched it up.
    Last edited by N.Penley; 08-23-2020 at 04:47 PM.

These are pictures of my Wahoo Dock. Aluminum dock, very well built. But, like everything, you get what you pay for. This dock is 32' long and has a 12' patio on it. Ganway is 40'. With the boat lift it was a little over $40k in 2017. Neighbor installed very similar one this year and paid over $65k. This lake is a retention lake, meaning the surface elevation changes throughout the year about 40' (yes, forty feet). There are 4 winches so I move the dock in and out to follow the water. The price includes 2 land anchors and 2 concrete anchors in the water.

20170824_173309.jpg20170824_173348.jpg
    Last edited by Douglasgtx; 08-24-2020 at 06:38 AM.
    There are three types of people in the world:

Those that Make things happen

Those that Watch things happen

Those that say "What happened?"

Be the first kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglasgtx View Post
    These are pictures of my Wahoo Dock. Aluminum dock, very well built. But, like everything, you get what you pay for. This dock is 32' long and has a 12' patio on it. Ganway is 40'. With the boat lift it was a little over $40k in 2017. Neighbor installed very similar one this year and paid over $65k. This lake is a retention lake, meaning the surface elevation changes throughout the year about 40' (yes, forty feet). There are 4 winches so I move the dock in and out to follow the water. The price includes 2 land anchors and 2 concrete anchors in the water.

20170824_173309.jpg20170824_173348.jpg
    That looks great. Have you had any problems winching it in and out? This is vary similar to what I have in mind if we go with a floating dock. Can I ask who installed yours since we are both in NE TN? I have spoken with a Wahoo Rep on the phone a couple times but it was close to 2 years ago. They quoted me around $30K for a covered double slip and roughly $12K additional for a sun deck & stairs instead of a gable roof. I cant remember if that included lifts so I will guess it did not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information