Advice /help YOUR input needed. I like to go fast. So...
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice /help YOUR input needed. I like to go fast. So...

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a 2017+ sxr. But I see tons of them that have been converted to 1100's. Are the 1500's that bad? That heavy? That slow? Is the 1100 swap really that good? My preferences are 1) fast, 2) turning ability/ chasing buoyi's 3) stability for long rides. (Cutting chop). And of COURSE RELIABILITY. I only take my current square nose out maybe 4-5 times a year but am considering making it a more constant thing.
    Eventually would even like to recreational race a little bit. (West coast/ lake mead, havasu, anything else?)
    Why is the 1100 swap so good?
    Should I buy a 2017+ 1100 swap?
    Should I save the coin and get a 2005 superjet?
    How are the 2004 polaris octane skis?
    Am i being dramatic with my questions?
    Thanks for taking the time to read my rant. Just don't want to make a 6k$ mistake.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Advice /help YOUR input needed. I like to go fast. So...

The only 2017 - later SXR's I am aware of with an 1100 engine were built up from a hull, that had the engine taken out for another conversion. (Aftermarket hull with the Kawi 4-stroke)

I do not know of anyone swapping an 1100 for any other reason.....
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Yep. It is the earlier models of the SXR (2003-2012) that originally came with 800 motors that are being swapped to 1100 motors. The newer SXRs have 4 stroke 1500 motors stock and I have never heard of anyone going to 1100 in that big hull
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 08-06-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Yep. It is the earlier models of the SXR (2003-2012) that originally came with 800 motors that are being swapped to 1100 motors. The newer SXRs have 4 stroke 1500 motors stock and I have never heard of anyone going to 1100 in that big hull
    Apparently a lot of guys are doing the conversion for clothes course racing. I'm not opposed to the idea of Owning one of these. As I would like to get into racing myself. Just curious to see if anybody has done this on here and can tell me how much better or worse it is then a normal 1500.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

well i'm sure you wont have much trouble selling off the 1500 motor after you swap in the 1100

Quote Originally Posted by konakev View Post
    Apparently a lot of guys are doing the conversion for clothes course racing. I'm not opposed to the idea of Owning one of these. As I would like to get into racing myself. Just curious to see if anybody has done this on here and can tell me how much better or worse it is then a normal 1500.

They aren't doing this conversion for racing purposes, the people who do this are taking the 1500 engine out of the sxr to put in an aftermarket Kommander GP1 or Bullett V4 hull for GP racing purposes.

Many of these guys have found it simple enough to toss an old carbed 1100 back in the huge sxr1500 hull as a way to sell them as a running ski and recoup some of the cost. For a while there was an abundance of sxr1500 hulls and it was only a matter of time that someone would find out some way to repurpose them.

They might be enjoyable to ride, but I cannot imagine that an sxr1500 hull with an 1100 engine has any real functionality racing under current rules because an sxr1500 with an 1100 engine is: 1) slower than as it comes from the factory with the original 1500 engine and 2) required to race in GP class because it is technically an engine swap (non-original engine), and would be subject to racing much faster skis like GP1's and Bullett V4's.

Ultimate Watercraft actually has a nice conversion kit setup that makes the 1100 engine bolt right in to the sxr1500 hull and the people who have done the conversion say they ride decent, but probably not what you want if you are actually looking for a competitive race ski.
    Check out Poor Boy Racing on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/poorboyracingteam

Need parts? Optima Racing is the place
    http://optimaracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    They aren't doing this conversion for racing purposes, the people who do this are taking the 1500 engine out of the sxr to put in an aftermarket Kommander GP1 or Bullett V4 hull for GP racing purposes.

Many of these guys have found it simple enough to toss an old carbed 1100 back in the huge sxr1500 hull as a way to sell them as a running ski and recoup some of the cost. For a while there was an abundance of sxr1500 hulls and it was only a matter of time that someone would find out some way to repurpose them.

They might be enjoyable to ride, but I cannot imagine that an sxr1500 hull with an 1100 engine has any real functionality racing under current rules because an sxr1500 with an 1100 engine is: 1) slower than as it comes from the factory with the original 1500 engine and 2) required to race in GP class because it is technically an engine swap (non-original engine), and would be subject to racing much faster skis like GP1's and Bullett V4's.

Ultimate Watercraft actually has a nice conversion kit setup that makes the 1100 engine bolt right in to the sxr1500 hull and the people who have done the conversion say they ride decent, but probably not what you want if you are actually looking for a competitive race ski.
    Great info! Glad I asked.
    Aren't the 1500's the same engine as a kawi 15f couch pig?
    Next question. The polaris octane
    1) I dont see many, ive never ridden one, anyone with any knowledge about ride? Motor? Reliablity issues? Any quicker than a 701? Not many videos on YouTube that test or review stand ups... maybe I'll start a chanel?...

Quote Originally Posted by konakev View Post
    Great info! Glad I asked.
    Aren't the 1500's the same engine as a kawi 15f couch pig?
    Next question. The polaris octane
    1) I dont see many, ive never ridden one, anyone with any knowledge about ride? Motor? Reliablity issues? Any quicker than a 701? Not many videos on YouTube that test or review stand ups... maybe I'll start a chanel?...

The 1500 engine is mostly the same as the stx15 sitdown engine with just a couple small changes to bolt on components and electronics.

Polaris Octanes are in a class of their own somewhat too. Like a hopped up old superjet from the factory with nice performance parts but handled like garbage. Fast in a straight line, very undesirable cornering characteristics.
    In stock form, faster than a 701 SJ, but if you had a comparable rider on a polaris octane and a lites spec 08+ superjet doing laps around a course, i can almost guarantee the guy on the SJ would turn faster lap times.
    Check out Poor Boy Racing on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/poorboyracingteam

Need parts? Optima Racing is the place
    http://optimaracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    The 1500 engine is mostly the same as the stx15 sitdown engine with just a couple small changes to bolt on components and electronics.

Polaris Octanes are in a class of their own somewhat too. Like a hopped up old superjet from the factory with nice performance parts but handled like garbage. Fast in a straight line, very undesirable cornering characteristics.
    In stock form, faster than a 701 SJ, but if you had a comparable rider on a polaris octane and a lites spec 08+ superjet doing laps around a course, i can almost guarantee the guy on the SJ would turn faster lap times.
    Good info thanks.
    The octane's cornering ability improve at all with add-ons? Ie:front rear sponsons? I have a square nose 701 now, im looking for more hookup in corners. Its basically stock right now. Minus intake cones and ride plate. (Flat ride plate) wouldn't mind keeping the SN SJ if i could improve power/ speed and cornering without breaking the bank.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Wow.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information