Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Renter about to 1st time buy 2x AquaTrax or Waverunners

Ok...I found a F-12 (non Turbo) with only 28 hours on it. The owner wants...$7,500. I mean, I want it, but like, wow. I think I could get a fairly young waverunner with much better options and about 150 hours on it for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpac4 View Post
    Another $0.02 : you don’t need the extra power and cost of the “X” turbo models. The non-turbo are just fine. They are less $$ to purchase and maintain. The turbo will also have a lag that you don’t have with non-turbos. If you like doing tricks, jumps, etc you will appreciate the non-turbo throttle response. I don’t know specifics but the fuel consumption is higher on turbo. I’m also pretty sure my R12 will run 55. I don’t really know that anything more is really necessary. Even if you like the high speed pass, it’s not easy/often to attain unless you are working with glass all the time. Most people I see enjoying their skis spend more time doing tricks, jumping wakes and waves and touring than at WOT.
    But then again I’m an old man. Again, just opinions and observations.
    I wouldn’t turn down a great deal on a turbo, just not the one I would pick if I had a choice.
    Oh, and at 13K you didn’t miss out on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your advice makes sense. The lakes around here are usually choppy anyways.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RudeDawg View Post
    Ok...I found a F-12 (non Turbo) with only 28 hours on it. The owner wants...$7,500. I mean, I want it, but like, wow. I think I could get a fairly young waverunner with much better options and about 150 hours on it for that price.
    IMO $7500 is way too much. You could buy a new 2020 Seadoo Trixx under warranty (youíll need it) for that much.
    I would think you should be able to find a good ski less than a decade old for $5K or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpac4 View Post
    IMO $7500 is way too much. You could buy a new 2020 Seadoo Trixx under warranty (you’ll need it) for that much.
    I would think you should be able to find a good ski less than a decade old for $5K or less.

Re the warranty...when you write "you'll need it" are you referring specifically to the Seadoo Trixx or PWC in general?

PWCToday Newbie

SeaDoo. I live on a lake and everyone of my friends with newer SeaDoos have problems. They always seem to be in the shop. Maybe just coincidence but I will never buy one. Keep in mind this is my experience and opinion.
    On the other hand there are a ton of die hard SeaDoo lovers out there that wouldnít buy anything else.
    I have Kawi, Yamaha, Honda and boats with inboards and outboards. They are all breaking at some point, itís just what they do.

I've had my hondas for 10 years with no issues except for oil changes and spark plugs, I have a 05 F12 non turbo and a 06 F12X turbo, the non turbo will do 60 all day!! the turbo does 61-62 mph and accelerates faster. I'm still amazed at the quality of the Honda compared to the other brands! I have been on other ski's and have considered switching to yamaha's also, but to get a better Yamaha you'll need a 1.8L model like a later model VXR, FX or a GP1800, the VX 110 is a good ski but slow. I've only heard bad things about seadoo's reliability.

PWCToday Newbie

Yes, that F12 would be a good ski, especially with low hours, but the price (to me) is just too high. Negotiate and see what you can do. Itís worth a try.
    You can check www.nadaguides.com for an idea of the market. And you can use that as bargaining power. Show the seller that they are out of line. Shoot for the ďAverage retailĒ price which should be fair. Depending on the year itís probably a $5K boat, max.

So I am first in line to buy a 2006 F-12X with 100 hours on Monday for $6.5k. The guy is a real solid character guy. I think I am making the right choice. I just wish I wasn't paying so much. A friend of mine got 2x Aquatrax for $5k a few years ago. The seller has people offering him from out of state and I don't doubt it.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/7169729151.html

Thanks TimL. This helps. I am hoping this one is as good as yours. The current owner changes the oil after every season. I need to figure out how to secure it on my dock so it doesn't get damaged or stolen. I live on a river.

Nice looking ski! did you buy it ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information