• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToddR
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Aug 2017

1998 1100 STX Fuel Delivery Problem **PLEASE HELP***

At my wits end with this water craft. It has the Keihin CDCV carbs. Was working on the engine about a month ago. Pulled carb rack off and had to remove a bunch of tiny broken pieces of the rubber flame arrestors from the reed valve area. Opened the carbs to check for cleanliness and they were SPOTLESS. Not even a single mark on the needles. Put all back together. It runs great....... up to 4500 RPM. won't go any faster. If I squirt the primer, it will take off but when it runs out of that squirt, back down to ~4500 where it will stay running all day. If I sit and idle for a few seconds (20-30) I can take off as normal, gets up to ~7000 RPM and then runs out that fuel and back down to ~4500 RPM. Where do I go??? Replaced plastic fuel filter that is mounted right near the carbs. No change.

Please help.......
  • Myself
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Jun 2006

Re: 1998 1100 STX Fuel Delivery Problem **PLEASE HELP***

There are tiny filter screens in the carbs behind the needle seats.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Comment

• ToddR
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Aug 2017

Re: 1998 1100 STX Fuel Delivery Problem **PLEASE HELP***

Originally posted by Myself View Post
      There are tiny filter screens in the carbs behind the needle seats.

Yikes..... I did not check those. I think if I take the carbs off again I might as well rebuild them. Got a suggestion on where to get rebuild kits?

Comment

Working...
      X