Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday Newbie Freestyle_Gramps's Avatar

Re: Jetski Solutions - Unresponsive and carburetor rebuild failure

Sounds to me that you should not even be messing with your machine at all, since you basically know nothing about it to begin with. You should of took the whole Jetski to a PWC tech and had them rebuild the carbs and test them.

You sent off a carb and had it rebuilt and then let it sit for 14 months. What do you expect them to do for you now 14 months later? They are NOT responsible now. Its your own fault, now you make it like its their fault. How did you expect them to test it since they didnt have your ski?
    Did you ever think that maybe some diaphragms may have dried out over that 14 months?
    Did you you take the carb apart to verify everything? Did you test pop off? Did you check and blow through all the orifices to make sure nothing is clogging anything?

I see your on a mission to try to put this company down wherever you can, on whatever PWC website you can. You need to step back and look at your mistakes you made along the way, and learn from them for next time.

Ive never used this company and have heard some flakey things about them in the past 15 years or whatever, but this is %100 your fault.

Carbs are not just plug and play..

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle_Gramps View Post
    Sounds to me that you should not even be messing with your machine at all, since you basically know nothing about it to begin with. You should of took the whole Jetski to a PWC tech and had them rebuild the carbs and test them.

You sent off a carb and had it rebuilt and then let it sit for 14 months. What do you expect them to do for you now 14 months later? They are NOT responsible now. Its your own fault, now you make it like its their fault.
    We can agree to disagree with some of your comments.

From the very beginning I acknowledged that rebuilding the carbs is outside of my skill set. But if you re-read my comments, by far the biggest issue I have is their customer service. Refusing to respond to a paying customer is completely unprofessional. .

Yes, this is a bit over a year after the original work was completed; however, I tried to give an unbiased account of the communications and accurately represent both sides.

In the end, what this comes down to (and I'm not the only one) is that JSS likely does do good work most of the time, but if you have an issue and they decide not to give you the time of day they will completely drop all communications with you.

I'm happy to give them credit for doing good work on the ebox and sending a couple of extra grommets along free of charge last year, but for those who do use them I hope you don't expience the same issues with them that I did.

Read this: "Rebuilt Carburetors a perfect running Ski do not make"

At $100+ Hour Labor Rate, just how many free hours of live telephone trouble-shooting do you think you're entitled to for a set of rebuilt Carburetors?

It's hard enough to diagnose and trouble-shoot a Ski in person; at best flying blind from far away, and that's assuming that you know enough to feedback correct useful information and the Carbs weren't tampered with.

Do you know the difference between a Bog and a Hesitation? Do you own a high quality reliable Tachometer like a PET-2100 DX or similar?

Me thinks that your Expectations are inversely proportional to your Knowledge of Jetskis.

One day in the future, when you finally understand and know enough about 2-stroke jetskis, you will realize how misguided you are right now with your unrealistic Customer Service expectations.

Only an Engine Builder or Jetski Mechanic will guarantee a Performance Package which includes many components interacting together. Somebody selling you a Single Part cannot guarantee the performance of an entire system.

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

^THIS is right on target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Slamming someone who won’t respond to your complaints 14 months after your work was completed and on top of that you admittedly messed with that work in that gap - you fućked yourself!

Frankly your thread title should read....
    Yabo - Unresponsive and carburetor rebuild failure

I'm glad that we have this community, full stop. It has been a valuable resource of information and at times flavorful discussions.

I am partial to my opinions on this, just as you all are to yours. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but it's based on my personal experiences in business and in particular the car community. There I can order a new suspension, install it myself, and call back at a later point with a couple of quick setup questions and they are answered. The same thing when i later had the suspension rebuilt. Those places continue to see my business, even if they aren't the cheapest because of the knowledge base they have and the customer service they offer. Maybe that's the difference here, this business is just too transactional and there just isn't enough repeat business.

Whether it was factitious or not, JC-SuperJet's tune in posts 8 and 9 are completely different than post 13. It is what it is, but it's interesting to say the least.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rod Peters's Avatar

I received my package back from JSS 4 days after, I sent it to them. The staff stayed in communication with me via email. They even asked if I have a color preference for plug wires. Totally happy with JSS in Georgia, Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information