Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: '82 JS 440 Complete Rebuld

exhaust is total clean. made sure of that before painting. My thought is the timing, but not sure how it would be off that much. I lined up the mark on the stator with the crankcase halves like it is supposed to be. and tightened the two screws. If I were to remove the flywheel cover and adjust the stator. would you suggest clockwise or counter clockwise adjustment, and how much???

Thanks in advance

Did the sbt engine come with a flywheel or are you using both your old stator and flywheel, it’s been a while and I don’t remember if any crankshafts had different key way positions but I’m sure someone with more knowledge will jump in.

SOLD! HONDA AQUATRAX 2 SEATER
    1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    1988 JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    SOLD AND MISSED VERY MUCH, 1994 WAVEBLASTER LIMITED
    WWW.HONDAOFWINTERHAVEN.COM
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP
    My album http://www.pwctoday.com/album.php?albumid=2000
    https://youtu.be/S3KAF71mm4o

Look on the flywheel find top dead center, put a screw driver down one spark plug hole rotate it until you find tdc and see if they match.

1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    1988 JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP

PWCToday Newbie

same flywheel and stator. I saw on other threads about 21 vs 28 degree flywheels. I will look and see what mine is

Possible sheared flywheel key or not lined up when assembled. With fuel and clear exhaust if won’t bark off something wrong with timing/spark if it has good compression.

1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    1988 JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP

PWCToday Newbie

So after doing some tests on the stator, it appears the resistance was way out of whack. Sent the stator and ebox to Jetski solutions for rebuild. Should have back in a few weeks. Hopefully that does the trick I will keep everybody posted thanks for all your help

PWCToday Newbie

So I am a little behind on updating my project. here are photos from the stator and e box rebuild using Jet Ski solutions...I think they did a great job.Attachment 563228Attachment 563229Attachment 563230

Finally got the ski running. Ended up using a 550 motor that a friend had, instead of the rebuilt 440 from SBT.

PWCToday Newbie

Update: Ski ran Awesome for about two weeks. Lots of power for a 550 even though only having 120psi. ...but as it goes with jetski's...i went to start it a few days ago and it was totally locked up. ....long story short, I ended up pulling the motor and started the dis assymbly process. Somehow water got into the crankcase and rusted up the rear portion of the crank.

My question is, once it gets rusted like that, is it best to send to SBT for a rebuilt one?? or is there a way to salvage it??? I have some photos on my other computer. will try and upload tonight

Thanks

PWCToday Newbie

Update: purchasing rebuilt crank from SBT...2-3 weeks out... having cylinders bored to 1mm over at 76mm, and decking the stock head flush. Does anyone know of any issues that I might need to look out for. I also am trying to find a 44mm intake so that I can upgrade to a SBN 44mm carb from the stock 38mm. Any thoughts on running the 38mm carb with the new setup described above????

Thanks

PWCToday Newbie

Re: '82 JS 440 Complete Rebuld: IS THIS THE CORRECT HEAD???

IMG_1259.JPEGIMG_1258.JPEGIMG_1257.JPEG

So is there a difference in a js440 and js550 head based on the diameter of the dome?? This head was milled but I'm not sure how much. I thought that there was suposed to be a small lip around the edge of the dome. Is the squish area correct?? rebuilding with 76mm Wiseco pistons. The diameter of the domed area hear is much smaller than 76mm. Do I need to worry about the pistons hitting the head if I use a copper gasket? Should I use a fiber gasket instead??? Dry or with sealant?? The metal ring on the head gasket needs to be 76mm as well correct??

I know that some of these items have been addressed in the past, just curious if any new information or concensus??

Thanks in advance for any help. Looking to put this thing back together this weekend.

PS, got the crank rebuilt from SBT. Looks good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information