Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: SLow Superjet SN rebuild.

I found a piece of 16ga aluminum and decided to reinforce the whole area where cracking is a problem. It looks to me like this area is stressed every time the pole slams down onto the hood. The extra weight of the handlebar and turn plate don't help any. Also set the parts back on the hull to finalize the front nose-to-hood lines and see how it's going to look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Today I spent a couple hours sanding with 120 grit. It looks like everything else will have to be done by hand as there are small spaces and contours eveywhere that the D/A would wreck.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Got a couple more hours in today. I've roughed in the hood to nose body line. Also filled in the low spots on the side of the tray right under where the hood starts......They all seem to have that low/sunk in place there.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Frequent Poster

i sold my sn sj project to further fund my jet mate project, this is looking good

I can tell you for sure.......hand sanding in between all those louvers on the hood is a PAIN!!!

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Frequent Poster

i bet, its coming together!

Loving this process! You're giving us all the confidence to complete some projects over the winter ��

And............wait for it......................a couple more hours of marglass, block sand, marglass, block sand. Getting VERY close to finalizing this nose. I bolted down the pole pivot bracket to check alignment. I don't think I could have gotten these pivot bolt access holes any more centered if I ACTUALLY KNEW what I was doing!! LOL!

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

I ordered some 1/4" chopped glass online. I've decided to fill the bond line in the bilge with 'micro-mat'. It will make for great structural rigidity vs just filling with thickened epoxy.
    Used some of it tonight to permanently affix that aluminum plate to the crack prone area on the pole. It's 'glued' down from the backside, then rolled the smooshed out stuff up over the top. Went ahead and reinforced the pad brackets as well.
    Last edited by Myself; 09-29-2021 at 10:51 PM.

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS

Looking great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1995 FX-1: Pro-Tec chamber~Skat swirl~Pro-Tec plate~Blowsion Destroyers

1990 Square Nose: Blue ported Jetmaniac 718~#ZERO lightened/drilled flywheel~ADA girdled/32cc~701 B pipe/flow control~Hooker 9-15~AAA pole~Pro-Tec rideplate~Tom21 Tubbies and nose piece

2014 Super jet waiting on a B pipe and Hooker....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information