Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

New to Superjet Ownership

Hello all,
    I have recently picked up a 2013 Yamaha Superjet. I have known the ski since it was brand new as it was one of my good friends, it has been hardly ridden. It was stored on a shore station for part of a summer, and we got a storm that blew it off and brushed it against a metal seawall. It was gelcoated over, as it only went to the glass, and did not go into the glass, however the repair is not great and I am planning on sanding it down and making it look like new again. I have been looking online trying to figure out if I should paint it (with a gun) or if I should just get gelcoat that matches the black better, and would appreciate some help in regards to that. In addition to this I am trying figure out what I should look for in terms of maintenance, and how I should prep my ski each time I take it out. I am led to believe that Superjets are pretty reliable, however I am planning on going out in the next couple of days, and do not want to get stranded on the water in a Michigan spring. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SxiPro's Avatar

Re: New to Superjet Ownership

Please don't ride alone when the water is still this cold.
    Changes aren't permanent, but change is.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SxiPro View Post
    Wasn’t the plan, I’m planning on having a buddy go out with me on a boat, thanks anyway though.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

unplug the battery after each use and charge your battery the morning before every ride.
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SxiPro View Post
    Or ever! Powersports riding of any sort should be using the buddy system. That way there is always somebody to help should it be needed.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

You can paint with regular auto paint, and a gun.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

If the water is still anywhere near cold where you plan on riding, please take note of the common rookie excitement mistake, do NOT run the ski on the trailer before launching, a slight pop to see it has spark is ok, but nothing over 1 second of run time, let it sit in the water for a minute or so when you drop it in, do NOT take off full throttle, if possible leave it on a trailer, let it idle in the water to gradually raise the engine temp, when you start riding, gradually increase the speed, if you do not do this and just hold it wide open, you will cold seize the engine, extremely cold water and hot engines don't mix well. I have ridden when there is ice on the lake with a bunch of people, no damage was done if you keep the idea of not getting the engine too hot, and to let it warm up with the cold water going through it. Also if it does have a water pisser, or cooling water exit, you may want to kink that line or restrict it to hold the water in the engine longer.
    Welcome to the addiction!
    701 Blaster Under construction
    1100 Yamaha swapped Blaster
    750zxi
    Send it!
    IL Jet Riders

Frequent Poster

Congrates on getting a new to you superjet. Here's the link to the Yamaha superjet owners manual.
    It will have majority of the answers for a new owner. Read the whole thing from top to bottom.
    https://yamahawaverunners.com/global...erjet-2019.pdf

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan1129 View Post
    If the water is still anywhere near cold where you plan on riding, please take note of the common rookie excitement mistake, do NOT run the ski on the trailer before launching, a slight pop to see it has spark is ok, but nothing over 1 second of run time, let it sit in the water for a minute or so when you drop it in, do NOT take off full throttle, if possible leave it on a trailer, let it idle in the water to gradually raise the engine temp, when you start riding, gradually increase the speed, if you do not do this and just hold it wide open, you will cold seize the engine, extremely cold water and hot engines don't mix well. I have ridden when there is ice on the lake with a bunch of people, no damage was done if you keep the idea of not getting the engine too hot, and to let it warm up with the cold water going through it. Also if it does have a water pisser, or cooling water exit, you may want to kink that line or restrict it to hold the water in the engine longer.
    Welcome to the addiction!
    Thanks a lot for the pointers! I come from a dinghy sailing background and obviously we do not have to deal with warming up engines before we go out in cold or below freezing temperatures. I will definitely let it warm up on the trailer before I go out.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers and help! It is much appreciated!

PWCToday Newbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information