Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Square nose build

YA BABY! I've polished quite a bit of aluminum myself. It's pretty easy to put 20 hours in a small piece.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

I haven't ridden a ski that was mine all year , I rode a customer SN last week that I did a engine swap in, every time I ride it I want to finish this one up. The goal is to have it completed by Sept 13 which is my birthday, no idea if that's doable as of yet , we will see, however there is a plan B that is doable.

The fixie is long overdue for a redo and bigger motor, the 300SX hasn't had an engine in it in years, I think I might pull the ported 650 engine out and put it ion the 300SX and ride for the rest of the year or at least till I finish this ski.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

I knew somewhere I had a like new KVPI throttle after robbing that one I finally found it today, it didn't help that I thought it was black so I was looking for a black throttle and this one is silver lol.

I have had just about ever different brand of finger throttle from Hot Products to UMI and KVPI , the UMI I actually hate the hook in the end of it is awful, the KVPI is one of my favorites. The 130mm ODI grips are on the way and should be here by Saturday.

I worked on the underpadding today , turns out three layers of yoga mat is roughly equal to one layer of Hydroturf 26mm plush.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 08-17-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

My sheet of eva foam came in today, it's basically really thin solid Hydroturf and it's not a lot of fun to work with because it's so thin, I put three layers on before I got it where I wanted it, this afternoon I will get the vinyl sewn up for it and call it done. I am either going with Silver or puirple carbon fiber vinyl I will decide later today, hell I may do both and see how they look , you never know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So I have a pretty decent looking tank for this think, right after I got this ski Shonuff was looking for a tank with an internal fill, this had such a tank so we swapped tanks and this one was put in storage. Then it got moved from place to place to plae, somewhere in that malay the two fitting got knocked off, so I ordered two push in fitting to fix the issue. I installed them wit Dawn detergent and they are a very tight fit, glad I could save this nice tank.

The steering cable was pretty much the same story, I bought it new I believe for the X2 build and it just never got used, when I looked at it the cover had started cracking, I had a couple of cans of Plastic dip and I tried that, it didn't work very well as it come off rather easily, then I thought about heat shrink tubing and I ordered some, I removed the plastic dip, it came off easily with some 80 grit sandpaper and I put the heat shrink on it , I doubled it up on the ends, it liiks like a bnew cable again. I wouldn't reccomend this for a salt water ski but chances are good it will never see salt water.

Not sure which thread this goes on, tubbies are going on both builds but here we go anyway. yeah I might have went overboard on the wax and most probably I will wax it another five times before shooting it with PVA, then gelcoat, I may very well brush this gelcoat on and see how it works, if that works ok thats the way I will do all of them if not I will shoot it on next time, then the fiberglass and bagging it up, overkill, sure why not, but hey It don't cost no extra to go first class.

The little plastic bumpers are where the screw holes go I wanted way more defination without having to modify the molds so these take care of that problem nicely.
    Attachments

Well this is in the books or at least it will be when it kicks, lessons learned, Vinyl ester waits for no man, pva can be sprayed too thick, have all your supplies ready and in order, gelcoat does not like to be brushed and putty tape will not stick to PVA, however I still call it a success as you can see I got it laid up and got a vacuum pulled on the bag, it will only get better from here on out, there is a definate learning curve here, they are going on my personal ski so :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChCckO_F0Ss

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information