Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Square nose build

not much happening today removed some screws , ground in a few body lines, then off to the lake for work !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

built up the front corners a bit today since I was already laying glass on the handlepole cover,I will cut them back down when it dries and finish it up with microbaloons and epoxy. The glass did not way to stay laid down so I covered it with cling wrap, this lets you manipulate the glass a little better and it hold it in position.

For those of you not familiar the 300SX pole is actually aluminum, the rest is just a plastic cover, so by getting rid of the side angle on the plastic cover and reglassing the sides straight it fits the SN hood like a glove.

I duct taped the sides together, then using the table saw I made some spacers and then I laid the glass to it. I am seriously considering gluing the sides to the pole and calling it done, I can still install the plastic cover on the bottom or I may glass it back together still thinking on this one.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Ole Bob is still around , some of you that followed my 300SX build will know what I am talking about, anyway obviously I never throw anything away, I cut a pice off of this cover to lengthen the other one a bit.

I have the ski hung up on the Gantry crane but when I did I noticed that the right side is stuck very well but the left side is not, normally I would cut away the non stuck part but I am going a different route here, I am going to get some 8lb or 16 lb pour foam and pour it in and let it expand, that will fill in the area and add some strength then I can taper the edge back and start glassing, now I just have to wait for the foam to get here.

I am also mixing up some more epoxy -cabosil and smoothing out the front area inside so I have a nice transition to glass to.

So I had to do some grill repair on the old Dodge truck and while I had epoxy mixed up I did some Superjet hole filling , dash repair and glass work. I also added the piece onto the handlepole cover and glued the piece on the X2, paint brushes used 1, duct tape used , damn near all of it , epoxy wasted 0.

Driveshaft came in today so now I can get a pump set up for this build, shout out to Rushford Ripper for the hookup,many thanks !

I think I am just going to 4200 the cover to the pole, I will wait till I use it for something else though was you open the tube that's is for that.

I received the handlepole bushings today and they fit perfectly, if anyone ever needs something like this made I highly recommend delrindepot-4 on Ebay, I will post some pics tomorrow.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Rushford_Ripper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    Driveshaft came in today so now I can get a pump set up for this build, shout out to Rushford Ripper for the hookup,many thanks !

Glad I could help!

A few days late on the pics , sh!t happens, a couple of pics of the bushings and one with everything together, I might catch some flack for this but I am leaving the pole pad , I kinda dig it ! The two pieces sticking out the top of the hood are going to be used to cover up the holes where the vents were, vents get moved to the back and the front air holes get blocked off as well, I may put a few small air holes back where the vents used to be not sure just yet
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 03-27-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information