Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: 96 Eckler resto-mod

I have worked on a couple of those in the past, you are correct build quality left something to be desired , very nice boats when all the bugs are worked out though.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Blog Entries

This is my son crawling into the hole trying to loosen the hose clamps on the fuel vent and bilge discharge fitting. The hose clamps were oriented in a way that was impossible to get to them from any other angle. Obviously they were attached before the cap got bonded to the hull. My plan for reassembly is to pre clamp the hoses to the fitting, push them up into place and then install the exterior nut, in a bed of sealant of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Very clean boat. That's the last model I believe, it looks fully loaded.

Yes I think the access holes you're planning to cut would jeopardize the integrity. It's really no need to cut them anyway there's nothing there but a little bit of foam on the side. Like I said just open up what's there already a half inch or so to give more room to reach the deck dumps.

I never cared for the wind screen or splash guard, it does nothing. You can have a great seat without it. Either for sitting and fishing or carrying a passenger.

Attachment 556540
    Well in order to install rod holders in the back I have to have some way to get to the bolts and backing plates and I just cannot do it around the pump housing. I have to revisit the whole scenario and see if I can't come up with something different. I'm planning on mounting a nice GPS Fishfinder and was intending on making an individual splash guard for it. I am going to paint the center console, no way I'm sanding and polishing that gelcoat down with all of the Contours on it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I glassed in the vent and fuel fill on my last build. Mine were the same way, impossible to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokarran View Post
    This is my son crawling into the hole trying to loosen the hose clamps on the fuel vent and bilge discharge fitting. The hose clamps were oriented in a way that was impossible to get to them from any other angle. Obviously they were attached before the cap got bonded to the hull. My plan for reassembly is to pre clamp the hoses to the fitting, push them up into place and then install the exterior nut, in a bed of sealant of course.

Blog Entries

I saw that, I'm planning to install a flush mount rod holder in its place and relocate the fuel vent to the center console since I am installing a larger tank.

Blog Entries

Got tired of waiting for Florida's fickle weather to make up its mind what it was going to do so I got a 40000 BTU propane heater and gel coated the bottom of the hull tonight. 45* outside and 78* inside.

20200221_183953.jpg20200221_200235.jpg20200221_200213.jpg20200221_224140.jpg20200221_205713.jpg
    Last edited by Mokarran; 02-21-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Spent 3 days emailing and talking with Teleflex tech support to discover a direct replacement (supposedly) for the factory gate cable (at least on my boat). Part #CCX43016. This is for the U-bolt style, black cables with SS thru-hull nuts and washers. The steering cable is apparently obsolete, special made for Eckler. But no worries, a Yamaha cable can be retrofitted as soon as I can source some factory Yamaha cable clamps to replace the U-bolts on mine.Attachment 556643Screenshot_2020-02-21-11-53-59.png20190309_164425-1.jpgScreenshot_2020-02-20-17-03-36-1.png
    Last edited by Mokarran; 02-22-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Blog Entries

This picture shows my steering cable above the reverse gate cable. Teleflex does not make one with a 5" throw anymore and their standard 3 1/2" throw will not reach the bracket. Not sure why it would not show in my last post.

20200219_154836.jpg

Oh but now it is showing......
    Last edited by Mokarran; 02-22-2020 at 12:19 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

That's a weird cable, it looks like a Seadoo cable on one end and a Yamaha- Kawasaki cable on the other, most of the new ones I have have nuts and washers on both ends, is that what you meant by U bolt style ?

That is the way the early Seadoos and Tigersharks were set up.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 02-22-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Blog Entries

By U-bolt I mean the method used to secure the cable. Below is how mine is set up. In the post you're commenting on you can see Driftmasters set up which has a flat, molded, stainless steel plate holding a Yamaha Cable in place. Both of the cables that were in my ski were made by Teleflex. Like you and driftmaster both said, there's a hodgepodge of parts that were used LOL

20190228_222540-1.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information