Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

I'm looking for a yamaha pump tunnel from a donor hull

I'm doing a pump swap on a Yamaha FX-1 and am looking to buy a pump tunnel that would need to be cut out of a donor hull. Does anyone know of a salvage yard or anyone that would have an old hull. Anything that had a 144 MM pump in it. The pic shows what was cut out of the FX1 hull. I also want to set the pump back 2" so I can use a Superjet driveshaft. I have a couple of old Kawi hulls (550, 650 SX, X2) if I can't find anything I'll have to cut one of them up. I gave up Kawasaki in the early 1990's and went all Yamaha!

FX1 Pump Tunnel.jpg

PWCToday Regular

Re: I'm looking for a yamaha pump tunnel from a donor hull

I have a vxr650 hull that would meet your needs. I would be happy to cut and ship if it was worth the hassle.
    Last edited by camper357; 12-03-2019 at 08:56 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by camper357 View Post
    I have a vxr650 hull that would meet your needs. I would be happy to cut and ship if it was worth the hassle.
    It's worth it to me! Name your price. Hopefully it's reasonable. I know that there is work involved in cutting it out. I can pay you up front for it. Let me know and we can work out the details.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

I also have a bunch of hulls I am getting rid of, I am sure there is something here that would work.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    I also have a bunch of hulls I am getting rid of, I am sure there is something here that would work.
    How about $150 for the pump tunnel and I'll also pay for shipping. I used a 4" cut off wheel tool to cut the fiberglass. It works great and cuts like a knife through butter! If the donor hull is a yamaha with a 144 pump it should work out nice for me. I want to use a Superjet scoop grate so I want to make sure that the tunnel is similar in length. Let me know.

PWCToday Regular

Take some measurements, I could cut up the vxr tomorrow if the dimensions will work for you. Still has the pump shoe.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

I also have one here.....95 VXR Pro.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

I took some measurements from my Superjet and my Blaster and both have the same width in the pump housing area. It's roughly 9 inches wide on both and that matches up to the FX-1. They are all the same width in the pump housing area. The major difference is the length of the pump tunnel. The FX-1 is only 12 inches from the leading edge of the scoop grate to the rear of the pump shoe where the scoop grate would bolt up. The length of the scoop grate is good measurement to use.

The Superjet and Blaster both have the same length which is 14 3/4" This works out for me with the longer tunnel as I want to set the pump back about 2" and use a Superjet driveshaft. So if the VXR has a similar length (14 3/4" inches) then it should work.

I dream skis

I have a square nose superjet hull in sarasota, still has the driveline, albeit roasted. It's yours for free
    2009 Kawasaki SXR800 / FPP dry pipe

1989 Kawasaki JETMATE 750BP swap

Thread Information