Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Bilge pump for Foot well??

Strange question maybe??

As i do a lot of fishing from my ski, I am stationary for long periods. When in choppy water the wave comes over the back of the ski and fills the footwell. I have the 260 GTX suspension model. Has anyone, or can you fit a bilge pump to clear the water from the footwells? It would be great to fit an auto bilge, but wouldn't know where to put the float.

At present, the only way to clear it is boost off to clear the water. Cheers

I dream skis

Re: Bilge pump for Foot well??

Just thinking out load here. Is the bottom of the foot well above the water line as the boat sits in the water? If is, you could put a through hull fitting into the bottom of the well on each side. Then T those together and run to another fitting out the back of the boat.

Just a thought.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Re: Bilge pump for Foot well??

Thanks for the reply... The bottom of the foot well will be below the water line. The way the GTX Ltd iS is designed, the inner hull (under the floating deck) is well below. I have given this considerable thought and doubt that I'd be able to use a float switch as this would be restricted by the upper deck.
    Has anyone used beading, or something else, fill the lower part of the upper deck at the back? This way the waves wouldn't come over as much???

Thread Information