» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Proper Compression Check

but them long legged girls in tight blue jeans have torn my world apart
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

When using the leak-down gage, how are you holding the crank to keep the piston at TDC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im...
    Last edited by aggrovated; 10-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

aggrovated ?
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Nope thats me.

I was going to scoff at that question.. but I changed my mind, because it is a legit question from a new person.
    And I really don't know much about leak down tests anyway. so I cannot give a proper answer. I'll leave that to utz

I dream skis

When you get the piston at EXACT TDC, you do not need to hold the crank from turning during a leak down test. When the crank is at TDC, the piston/rod/crankpin/crankjournal are all in a straight line, the force is pushing straight down and cannot move the crank. If you miss, and have it a bit before or after TDC, the crank will turn, but should nut hurt anything, you just need to reset TDC and try again.

Just be aware of the possibility of movement and do not have anything where the sudden movement would hurt anything. It is no different than cranking the engine.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    When you get the piston at EXACT TDC, you do not need to hold the crank from turning during a leak down test. When the crank is at TDC, the piston/rod/crankpin/crankjournal are all in a straight line, the force is pushing straight down and cannot move the crank. If you miss, and have it a bit before or after TDC, the crank will turn, but should nut hurt anything, you just need to reset TDC and try again.

Just be aware of the possibility of movement and do not have anything where the sudden movement would hurt anything. It is no different than cranking the engine.
    Well yes and no, if it's a muliti cylinder then yes you are probably good, if it's a single you best be holding on to a breaker bar and tightly because if it rotates even the slightest amount it's going for a ride and you along with it if you are not paying attention.

Personally I see no use whatsoever for a leakdown tester on a two stroke engine
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 10-12-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information