User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Stripped pump bolt threads in hull

I know I did a dumb thing and I should know better. While reinstalling the pump in my 2011 SXR after an impeller change: I didn't have pump mount holes lined up correctly and I think I stripped the threads in the hull that the mounting bolt goes into on one hole. The other three are ok. What should I do now? I am not familiar with it i.e I don't know if its a metal insert in the hull or what. I am so mad at myself for doing this as it was probably the easiest part of the whole Impeller change process. Note: I filled the empty hole with silicone and let it dry and took the ski for a ride, seems ok but probably not a good Idea to use it with only 3 bolts holding the pump in. Any advise besides don't ever work on your ski again you moron?
    2011 SXR

Re: Stripped pump bolt threads in hull

Last edited by aggrovated; 09-10-2019 at 10:30 AM.

thanks
    2011 SXR

I dream skis

Heli-Coil kits typically come as a set which includes the correct tap, a few coils, and a tool to install the coil in the freshly tapped hole. They are available at your local NAPA, O'Reilly, Advance Auto Parts, etc, store, or online on numerous sites. I have used these extensively over the years.

Also available are Time-Serts. They are newer, I have never used them as I already have a collection of Heli-Coil kits I have collected over the years. http://www.timesert.com/html/install.html#A
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Heli-Coil kits typically come as a set which includes the correct tap, a few coils, and a tool to install the coil in the freshly tapped hole. They are available at your local NAPA, O'Reilly, Advance Auto Parts, etc, store, or online on numerous sites. I have used these extensively over the years.

Also available are Time-Serts. They are newer, I have never used them as I already have a collection of Heli-Coil kits I have collected over the years. http://www.timesert.com/html/install.html#A
    Thank you I appreciate it
    2011 SXR

Thread Information