Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

Re: SUPERJET - Need help before I go insane

You need to do a pop off test on your carb. The needle tip can fail to seal and the o-ring around the seat can also go bad. the pop off should be a crisp pop. Try it a couple times and you will figure out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DO5Lp5Ac5k

If there was a crack on your engine block it would rev to the moon. You also need to check your impeller area and confirm there is nothing block flow or fishing line wrapped up in there.
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SBrider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wander if the back fire could have damaged the reeds, had a problem like this a few years ago on a customers ski, the reeds were fine but the gasket on the cage had blown out, had random running issues. but would still run good sometimes.

PWCToday Newbie

Fls
    Last edited by gwied; 01-17-2020 at 10:53 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you. Did this after borrowing a pop off test kit and I'm thinking that my needle isn't sealing. After the initial pop, the pressure keeps dropping. I'm thinking I'll replace the needle and seat and se what that does

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by SBrider View Post
    wander if the back fire could have damaged the reeds, had a problem like this a few years ago on a customers ski, the reeds were fine but the gasket on the cage had blown out, had random running issues. but would still run good sometimes.
    We always need to be careful when talking about "backfires." Sometimes the term used to describe a situation where the "explosion" happens on the intake side, with the intake port open and the blast comes out the carbs, as you describe. Other times the explosion is on the exhaust side where raw fuel from a miss-fire or rich condition happens outside the engine in the exhaust system. Either type of backfire can happen on either 2 or 4 strokes.

These two backfire conditions are symptoms of very different situations. It is important when mentioning a backfire in trouble shooting discussions to be clear which type.
    Last edited by hemmjo; 01-18-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information