Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Trailerable Cover

Who makes a good trailerable cover for the JS series of skis?

Re: Trailerable Cover

Carcovers.com

Very impressed with mine. Believe they are about $130.

PWCToday Newbie

Thank you. I talked to them via chat but they were very vague and evasive about whether this was just a generic cover that would fit or specifically made for the JS series so I didn't order from them. I ordered a pair from SealSkins that are supposed to be specific so we'll see how those look.

Just curious how your turned out to be. Are you happy with it and can you post a picture on the ski

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Covercraft. Superb fit.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Newbie

Its good and bad with the SealSkins. They fit very good and cover well past the bond line. They have a very strong bungee in the hem and it holds very tight around the ski. There are zippers in the sides that give you access to the handlebars...not really sure why those are there but they are. Would have been nice to maybe have a zipper flap over the gas cap instead. The bad part is that they did not provision the cover to allow you to pin the nose of the ski on the trailer. Maybe I'm old school and no one does that any more but my trailer has brackets at the front where I can pin the nose of the ski in place but because there are no holes in the cover for the pin I have to stretch it over the bracket and it's not really held in place by anything but friction. I thought about buying a grommet kit and putting some grommets in the covers but haven't done that yet. I've trailered with the covers in place up to about 50mph and they seem solid but depending on how you fasten your skis to your trailer and what your brackets look like, these covers might not work as well for you without poking some holes in them. Also, I can tell that after about 2 months in the Texas sun the red is already starting to fade. Not sure that's a dig on SealSkin, there isn't much that can stand up to the Texas sun and anything red is particularly vulnerable.

js550.JPG

Thread Information