Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Guru

Re: 2003 Xp di questions

In the manual, it says fuel pressure should be at 107psi and air pressure at 80psi. I tested just the fuel pressure. Took off the fuel filter and put a T in the line to check.
    2003 Sea Doo XPDI stock.
    1995 kawasaki 750 zxi stock at the moment. (wife's rig)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Yep if it doesn't hit that mark it will not start, I believe I stated this in on of my first posts on the this thread however I sill say it again replace the pump and filters.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

I was 300SXing when 300SXing wasn't cool !

PWCToday Guru

Yeah, the pump is next. I already replaced all the filters.
    2003 Sea Doo XPDI stock.

Sometimes you try to cheap out and it works, sometimes not, thing is I know what the filters cost, the new pump comes with filters so I guess you will now have an extra set. You don't have to take my advice after all it's your money but if you take no other advice from me than this heed this piece I am about to give you.

There are many mfgs of replacement fuel pumps for the DI ou there for sale however there is only one pump on the market that meets all the specs for pressure and amperage draw it is the pump I am sending you a link to , use anything else at your own peril.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QFS-Fuel-Pu...353.m1438.l264
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

PWCToday Guru

Thats exactly the pump i was going to use.

No, i appreciate all of the advice you have given me. Ive used all of it so far. Yeah, you told me that i shouldn't do it, but i like challenges, especially with anything motorized.

The pump was working, thats why i didnt buy a new one yet. But now that i tested the fuel pressure, thats a for sure thing now to buy a new one.
    2003 Sea Doo XPDI stock.

Resident Guru

So how did you test the fuel pressure and what did you get?

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdjeep View Post
    So how did you test the fuel pressure and what did you get?
    I just took a video of me testing the fuel pressure. Not sure how to post it on here, but when the key is engaged, it goes to 30psi, then drops to about 27ish. When i try to start it, it bounces between 65 and 75psi. Pretty sure i need a new fuel pump.
    2003 Sea Doo XPDI stock.

Resident Guru

OK, that's what is supposed to happen. The fuel pump runs to recharge things. The 27 psi you see is the spring inside the fuel regulator doing its job correctly, as in 80 psi air pressure + 27 psi spring = 107 psi target fuel pressure. Now, that's just the spring portion, there could still be a pin hole in the diaphragm itself. But not a bad beginning. You can test the pump using a rig with a bypass valve you can close slowly to see if the pump can develop 105 psi. Be real careful with open liquid fuel, and have a fire extinguisher right there. And don't do it in the garage either.

The pulsing pressure you see can be from several things on the air pressure side. Bad reed valve in the compressor, bad compressor head gasket, split/melt in the RAVE valve solenoid tubing, bad compressor output hose, bad air regulator. As a quick test for the regulator, pinch the dump hose down and see if fuel pressure comes up or stabilizes some.

Have ever read anything on how the system works? (don't have time to read back 6 pages and look)

I would not condemn the fuel pump yet.
    Last edited by rdjeep; 09-12-2019 at 10:18 PM.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdjeep View Post
    OK, that's what is supposed to happen. The fuel pump runs to recharge things. The 27 psi you see is the spring inside the fuel regulator doing its job correctly, as in 80 psi air pressure + 27 psi spring = 107 psi target fuel pressure. Now, that's just the spring portion, there could still be a pin hole in the diaphragm itself. But not a bad beginning. You can test the pump using a rig with a bypass valve you can close slowly to see if the pump can develop 105 psi. Be real careful with open liquid fuel, and have a fire extinguisher right there. And don't do it in the garage either.

The pulsing pressure you see can be from several things on the air pressure side. Bad reed valve in the compressor, bad compressor head gasket, split/melt in the RAVE valve solenoid tubing, bad compressor output hose, bad air regulator. As a quick test for the regulator, pinch the dump hose down and see if fuel pressure comes up or stabilizes some.

Have ever read anything on how the system works? (don't have time to read back 6 pages and look)

I would not condemn the fuel pump yet.
    20190831_123001.jpg
    2003 Sea Doo XPDI stock.

What kind of pressure reading do you get off of the air compressor, the last one I fooled with I just removed the line and spun it over the compressor did nothing, I replaced the compressor head and the ski operated correctly , the difference is that ski would crank and run for a few seconds then cut off.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information