Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Brand New NOS PJS 700cc Cylinder

Probably had a set of special cases for that cylinder , X2 stuff , or , run four side draft carbs

PWCToday Newbie

Probably a Viper9000 cylinder if there are no markings on it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bandit88's Avatar

It's just the cylinder from the 650 big bore kit. It's needs the head, crankcase blockoffs, Reed's and intake manifold. The reeds can be sourced from a early, like 84?, Kx500. The intake manifold is one off and meant for dual sbn 38s. The only thing strange to me is the casting of the PJS logo, the writing under the main logo is blank. Also, this is not a viper 9000 cylinder, the intake isn't correct and the bore is too small.
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 with PJS800 conversion (now 650) - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=466927
    -92 750SS
    -81 JS440
    Parts for sale HERE

I was just informed of some details about the cylinder from a very helpful member here and thought it be best to post up the details and end the listing.

There were 2 semi trailers full of PJS parts left over when they closed down. The contents were items with casting flaws, leaks in the water jackets, and other problems.

The parts were supposed to be discarded, but for some reason PJS kept them. They were then acquired and sold as NOS parts.

Your cylinder appears to be one of them, as apparent by the lack of chamfering on the base of the sleeves going into the transfer ports.

The pitting on the bottom surface of the cylinder may have been the reason for it being scrapped, but it could be throughout the casting and there could also be additional issues.

Thank you all for the interest. I think I'll just continue to use it for display purposes
    Last edited by zpilot; 08-26-2019 at 08:26 PM.

1995 Kawasaki SC

PJS Viper 9000 800cc
    PJS Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    Custom Jetinetics Flywheel/drilled ring gear
    12 Vein SS Magnum Pump Set Back
    10/18 Skat Track Swirl Impeller
    PJS Rip Turn
    DG Intake Grate

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod
    PJS Exhaust
    Skat 9/17 Big Hub Swirl
    UMI Bars

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by zpilot View Post
    I was just informed of some details about the cylinder from a very helpful member here and thought it be best to post up the details and end the listing.

There were 2 semi trailers full of PJS parts left over when they closed down. The contents were items with casting flaws, leaks in the water jackets, and other problems.

The parts were supposed to be discarded, but for some reason PJS kept them. They were then acquired and sold as NOS parts.

Your cylinder appears to be one of them, as apparent by the lack of chamfering on the base of the sleeves going into the transfer ports.

The pitting on the bottom surface of the cylinder may have been the reason for it being scrapped, but it could be throughout the casting and there could also be additional issues.

Thank you all for the interest. I think I'll just continue to use it for display purposes
    My buddy zack actually got the 2-3 conex full of PJS stuff years ago and sold most of it here. I think that could be an unfinished or QC'd T3 or a super cylinder. I can send him a text and ask... might jog his memory.
    2009 Kawasaki SXR800 / FPP dry pipe

1989 Kawasaki JETMATE 750BP swap

Quote Originally Posted by StuRat View Post
    My buddy zack actually got the 2-3 conex full of PJS stuff years ago and sold most of it here. I think that could be an unfinished or QC'd T3 or a super cylinder. I can send him a text and ask... might jog his memory.
    That would be great

1995 Kawasaki SC

PJS Viper 9000 800cc
    PJS Exhaust Manifold
    Coffmans Full Exhaust
    Custom Jetinetics Flywheel/drilled ring gear
    12 Vein SS Magnum Pump Set Back
    10/18 Skat Track Swirl Impeller
    PJS Rip Turn
    DG Intake Grate

1994 Kawasaki XIR
    Group K Head Mod