Adding fuel to oil tank to inject extra fuel to carbs?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Adding fuel to oil tank to inject extra fuel to carbs?

Hey guys,
    really need some help on my ski 95 wave venture 701. I’m taking it out today so I’ll only post my 1st issue Wich isn’t my priority but don’t wana do this and have the ski blow up on me and daughter. My ski is topping out at 37-38.5mph.Im missing close to 6mph.Im sure it’s 1 of a few things i got going but just so I don’t do anything stupid and get hurt,I’m tryng to send more fuel down the intake,I thought of something,,If I add fuel to the oil tank with the oil in it Aren’t i theoretically sort of spraying more fuel into the chamber therefore creating more power if it was lacking fuel to begin with and if it’s not a fuel issue still that extra fuel be it not that much since it’s coming from the oil injection Wich on a 95 701 venture is slowly seeping down the walls of the carb so it’s not gonna be flooding,it’s not that much more fuel. I’m always running wot anyway. I guess what I’m asking is why won’t This be safe,is the oil pump just pushing air through lines to deliver it to carb or is the oil actually being forced through the pump by a spinning wheel gear etc. cause if that’s the case then yes I see the danger.Dont want fuel going to a chamber that’s got a impeller plastic or metal still it wouldn’t be a good outcome. But if it’s just passing through a chamber and being forced out the lines by air from The oil pump gear then what’s the harm??I was thinking of adding it with very small amount of oil in tank and if you guys think it’s actually safe and will deliver more fuel then I was going
    to do it with no oil in tank as I pre mix and still use my oil injection. I know that most will blame my over oiling As a possible source to my issue but I’ve tested the ski with mixing and without.Same thing. 36-38mph the choppier the lake the faster it goes.I’ve over oiled my boats Skis for 20 years no issues at all. But I’m gonna cut down. Sorry for going off topic,like I said this is my first post I’ve learned so so much from this forum,I decided to join,to seek more knowledge and help and also give back from what I know and learned through trial and error over the years.Seems liken the 2 stroke older Yama questions are all similar sover and over again.there’s so many of the same guys that Chime in and give helpful information and take the time to guide the veterans and the newbies rather then blame the carbs every time even if the ski farts. Im hopeful I’ll get the info and help I need to try and get my machine riding better befriend this 2 month Chicago summer is over soon. Apologies for spending too much writing and all I wanted to ask today out of my many issues,was the idea of fuel In the oil tank,safe or not,with or without oil,and will it be sort of like rejetting or having a performance carb,you know what I mean.more fuel+air is more power...
    p.s if this long post was my 1st ever question I might have scared everyone off for my next questions.ha ha,forgive me
    Last edited by NoMoney; 08-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: Adding fuel to oil tank to inject extra fuel to carbs?

I will keep my answer short, and to the point. NO. You cannot put gas in the oil tank to add more fuel to your engine.

This will NOT increase horse power in any way...…

If you have a fuel related issue (Were you need more fuel) You need to find, and fix what is wrong. Old two strokes need maintenance. Carbs, and fuel pump rebuilt, fuel filter replaced, fuel select valve replaced, fuel lines, ect. Also you can get air leaks causing a lean condition. Bad crank seals, etc on an old engine.

If you want to remove the oil injection and go to premix, DO NOT just stop putting oil in the tank. You need to remove the pump, and put on a block off plate. The oil pump is lubricated from the oil going through it. It will seize up and break off if it has no oil.

There may be other reasons for a ski to be down on speed. Bad impeller/wear ring are some common examples. Many times the machine just being out of tune will hurt performance.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Is this post for real ?
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Thanks for the quick response.Pump needing lubrication says it all.Thats what I asked if oil went Into a chamber or to the gear.If it was just a chamber and oil was being injected by air forced up by the gear and never coming in contact with anything other then a chamber-lines then I woulda gave a it a shot.It was just a spur of the moment curiosity,Iím sure today while out on the water I would have not survived the experiment. Iím going to hook up a tach see what my wot rpm is and start there.Cause thatís whatís missing my top end. Idles great starts on 1 push,plugs are light brown carb set at factory.I just think with 150 compression on both, I should still see no less then 40-43mph,no matter that itís a old 95. Iím going to richen the carb settings a bit see what I can get with that then Iíll know itís a fuel isssue..Havent checked clearance on wear ring,impeller is in exc shape.What gets me is in 2-3ft waves sheíll hit 40 once in a while but flat water 38 max. Donít wana go throwing money on after market grate etc. if itís not that. Iíd rather put $$ towards mechanical aspect.If I wana go 55 Iíll buy a better ski bigger motor. Iím ok with 45 Wich is what she suppsed to do from what Iíve learned and whatís i thoughy I was going to get but 7-mph is a huge loss.I ride 20 miles out on Lake Michigan to fish 3-5ft waves way out there sometimes.I need that extra speed to boogy home when weather gets too crazy. Part of the issue with it is plaining out.She wonít go on plane without choppy water to help her. Slow on flat water much faster in chop.Anyways Iíll post update after I fiddle with settings and see what happens. Thanks fellas

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

I think you should defiantly do it and report back.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

You cant make this s hit up !!!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

You need to rebuild the carbs. The 701 powered Waveventure and XL700 are underpowered machines. BUT they get the job done. What I've learned is that the carbs must be in great shape for them to run properly. Rebuild with Mikuni kits, make sure the needles are in great shape, make sure to use the gold springs, make sure the jetting is stock, and set the screws at oem settings. I've played with carbs on these and nothing seems to make them run right other than stock specs!
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

@Myslef,
    Wow,I originally posted hoping you would be 1 of the guys to reply.Such a small world.I say that cause most of the issues,decisions etc. I’ve had regarding my skis over the years we’re resolved by reading your posts tryng to help
    Others.of course there’s many other people who also chime in with true intent to help others.Thats why I joined here. It’s much easier to ask someone and get help specifically for your ski rather then read through dozens and dozens of posts till you decide whos suggestions to take ajd what worked for someone else won’t always work for you.I always thought your ski in your profile was a custom batmobile,pontoons added to the side style ski until I clicked on it. So easy to remember it..
    Anyways I tinkered with the carbs set them rich and got excellent and negative results.So I think with some advice I can get this thing going a little better to get me by before the seasons over.ill post up what I got from just turning out settings as well as exactly what my ski is doing.Better to post it all up and maybe someone has seen this before.With such little summer remaining I can prob only either do the carbs or change out the impeller n wear ring,those are the 2 suspects I think. Thanks for replying I’ll throw another post in a bit of where am at.
    I clicked on in it.

Ya ya guys it was actually funny now that I understand the oil pump better. Ya I took your advice and tried it,currently Iím being flown by helicopter to the nearest trauma center to get my missing right leg and left arm reattached to my torso.Luckily the ski only needs a new seat from the explosion.She did gain 1mph I must say!

I dream skis

2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great as of July 2019 (NO THANKS to the person at SBT, who put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into the rebuilt engine I got from them)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information