Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2001 gtx di maintenance alarm

I read the winterizing process for the DI. What a pain in the ***! I think it'd be easier to hook the hose adapter to it and pump the antifreeze throughout! Been pissing with the ski this morning and no a.c. voltage showing. What's mind blowing is I hooked up the battery charger and after it was charged it showed a.c. voltage again. I disconnected + and - cables and checked the battery by itself and low and behold it was just the battery showing the damn a.c. voltage. Has nothing to do with the ski! I'm gonna put the thing back in and run it today to see if the air line could be why its been running poor.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2001 gtx di maintenance alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejrc View Post
    I read the winterizing process for the DI. What a pain in the ***! I think it'd be easier to hook the hose adapter to it and pump the antifreeze throughout! Been pissing with the ski this morning and no a.c. voltage showing. What's mind blowing is I hooked up the battery charger and after it was charged it showed a.c. voltage again. I disconnected + and - cables and checked the battery by itself and low and behold it was just the battery showing the damn a.c. voltage. Has nothing to do with the ski! I'm gonna put the thing back in and run it today to see if the air line could be why its been running poor.

It's been sometime since this post, but if anyone else gets to this part I'm going to educate on the use of a Multimeter. If you have the selector on AC you will show about 26 volts on the meter but this is NOT AC voltage... Put it on the DC setting and do the job correctly. You will only get an AC reading before a rectifier. A rectifier uses diodes to change from AC to DC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information