Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & charity! - Page 3
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & char

2020-Jet-Ski-T-Shirt-Sunglasses-FINAL.jpg

Jet Blast 2020 t-shirt and hoodie design is ready. Ordering info to follow.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Blog Entries

Re: Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & char

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

5.jpg

Jet Blast cliffsnotes for newbies:

Tuesday through Friday. Show up, check in at the office, go set up your ****, go ride and have fun. Feel free to ask anyone about the waterway. Most common to head south through the narrows, 3 miles down, and hang out on the beach. Some groups will plan excursions 17 miles north to the Castle Rock Lake dam. I've posted all about the "no wake" stuff more than once. Please read it.

Brady Garbrecht and Tommy Cash may be planning another motor blow up or some other surprises for Friday night. I don't know much about it, because I've been too damn busy to find out, and frankly, I kinda wanna be surprised as well. Whatever they are planning, it will happen in the main camping area. Bring your own beer.

Saturday, show up at the Pavilion BY 6pm. I'm not 100% sure if Craig E Moore and Angela Mueller Moore are planning a nice meal for us again or not, but I will know more and post accordingly well in advance. This meal would be at the Pavilion as well. When you get there by 6pm, all the raffle prizes and free swag will be on display. Grab accordingly. You will also pick up the raffle tickets included with your registration, and you can also purchase as many more as you would like. As in all past years, there will be 2 raffles = General and Grand Prize. General will have 100+ prizes like other years. Grand will have 3-5 prizes. You get to choose either raffle to enter with your tickets. Sponsor announcements will be made while we hang out and hopefully Fred Hebert from the CWCAC Food Pantry will stop by to see our ski jets and speak a bit (ski jets = old, sorta inside joke, just laugh and pretend you get it ). General raffle will happen first. Depending on what goodies we have, I will call out 30-40 winners, who step up and choose from what is there. Then, in the interest of time and keeping things moving, I will creatively call out all of the non-winners to come up and choose a prize. I try to make it so everyone goes home with something. Then we move on to the Grand Prizes (the 95 Squarenose will be one of them) - first winner chosen gets first choice and so on... It's crazy exciting, trust me. **** never gets old.

Then everyone helps to clean up after ourselves at the Pavilion, and immediately after that you go looking for me - I will be at Club 21 or around a campfire - and you buy or hand me a beer.

Pretty simple, actually, but consistently very fun. After 9 years, we pretty much have this down to a science .

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Ok, here is your up to the minute Jet Blast 2020 update...I literally just got off the phone with Liz at Holiday Shores...

If JB20 needs to be cancelled, HS will give everyone the option of having their campground deposit refunded or applied to whatever the future option becomes, so no worries there.

HS would have normally opened up this year on April 24th, but due to state orders currently in place, they cannot. So, even their seasonal customers can't even set foot on the property. She has been given no indication of when they can possibly open up for 2020, even in a restricted form.

If/when they do open up anytime after April 24th, there MAY be social distancing rules in place that prevent use of the Pavilion, playgrounds, bouncy houses, pools, bathrooms, club 21, and yes, even the beach. This MAY come into play, as obviously, not being allowed to use the beach would be a deal breaker for us.

As Liz said, and as I basically figured, everything is in Limbo right now.

We discussed some options. First one is possibly moving the event to September, after Labor Day. Secondly, I brought up the idea, that IF they have a weekend in summer, that becomes "vacant enough" due to other customers basically bailing on camping this year, that we would possibly take that, and effectively "save" them from losing money by sitting vacant for a week/weekend during the summer. Liz liked that idea as well.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of decisions made soon, on whether or not WI businesses can reopen or not in time for Memorial Day, which would obviously then help us to at least know what our options are.

I will keep everyone posted as best and as accurately as possible. Thanks everyone.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Due to various details still in limbo at this point, the campground may not even be allowed to open up until May 26th, and may have all the public facilities closed anyhow. This means no bathrooms, pavilion, pools, beach, boat launch, bar, playgrounds...you name it. If this is confirmed, JB20 will need to be rescheduled or flat out cancelled. If this happens, the grand prize Super Jet would most likely be held over till 2021 and we would have TWO prize skis for 2021, which also happens to be out 10th anniversary. Remember, I already bought a Wave Blaster to build and give away for next year...

Keep your fingers crossed...

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Still no straight answers from Adams County (where JB is held) at this point with regards to what new rules will be enforced when they "allow" Holiday Shores to open up again on May 26th. I've communicated with the county's HHS people multiple times over the past week, and they refuse to commit to anything that would really allow us, me, or anyone with vacation plans to make any meaningful decisions. The only thing I'm confident of at this point is that the campers during the JB20 dates will be able to use the boat launch. Some of us will still be camping at HS during the JB20 dates, but no official event, or any of the previously organized activities will be occurring. If you still plan to attend, please let me know at psucharski@tds.net, and I will keep you in the loop with the most up to date details that I can. No sense in posting anything further for those who have already been forced to cancel.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Hopefully you already ordered your t-shirts and hoodies, as we kept that alive until yesterday. When I ordered mine, I saw over 80 had already been ordered as well. They might just wind up being collector items someday

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Well, our WI Supreme Court managed to uphold our Constitution, and our Dictator's lockdown order is no longer enforceable - but lots of shenanigans are still being tried, and many counties have also been playing games over the past few days. However, it is looking more and more like in Adams County, where Jet Blast is held, will simply have "guidelines" in place. I'm still working with HS to try and figure out what their actual plan will be, but currently everyone is still free to show up and camp, as long as you have a 1) a camper with it's own bathroom, 2) rented a park model, or 3) rented a motel unit. Still hoping they will open up the full shower houses and allow the tent campers, but no confirmation on that yet. Working on that still, and will update when I know something. In the meantime, I can tell you that there will be people still showing up to ride and hang and have fun.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

May 18th JB20 Update:
    I just talked to Liz at Holiday Shores at 3:30pm 5/18/20.
    First off, the bathhouse WILL now be open, and we WILL be allowed to TENT CAMP for Jet Blast 2020. I repeat, we WILL be allowed to tent camp.
    Secondly:
    The pool will be closed.
    The playgrounds will be closed.
    The beach will be open, but chairs will be spaced for social distancing.
    The boat launch will be open.
    The Pavilion and Club 21 will be closed.
    Thirdly:
    There have been some cancellations, but far from everyone. Next year's JB21 official dates are June 1-6, and the possibility of having a "real" JB20 later this September is still a possibility - but understand that is completely up in the air at this point. If you want to cancel for this year and want to push your reservation off into next year, now you know the dates.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who attended our slightly trimmed back version of Jet Blast for 2020. It was certainly a bigger crowd than I anticipated, and I hope everyone had at least as much fun as my wife and I did. Hope to see everyone again this year, maybe at the Sortie or your local supper club , and if not, I will see you at Jet Blast 2021, the 10 year anniversary & extravaganza, as I will burning up all the fuel remaining in my tank for that .
    Almost forgot, it was really fun meeting a bunch of new people, but I also realize I saw some new faces that I didn't get a chance to say hello to - so please forgive me for that.

Oh, and for those who like to mark their calendars early, Jet Blast 2021 official dates are June 1-6, and as this will be our 10th annual event.....and plans are already in place to make it big. You can count on a huge selection of grand prizes from Jet-Lift to win, as well as a nicely modded Super Jet AND a Waveblaster. There's going to be a lot of very happy prize winners at Holiday Shores in the Wisconsin Dells in just 52 weeks from now

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information