Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & charity! - Page 2
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & char

This is the area that is up the hill and just behind the main camping area. It shows where the guest houses are and Wild Rose Lane where myself and bunch of us use the Park Models.

wild rose area.png

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Blog Entries

Re: Wisconsin Dells JET BLAST 2020 Freeride by JET-LIFT - 9th year of epic fun & char

Left side of this map shows the Motel Units, all of which we booked last year and probably will again, and where it is in relation to the office and the launch/beach area.

motel units area.png

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

An overview of the main camping area, Wild Rose Lane, and where they are in relation to the Pavilion.

overview of all our camping areas.png

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

I realize all of this is a lot to read, but each year I go out of my way to make sure everything we could want or ask for is accommodated at the best price possible, and I also take pride in the fact that anyone can attend Jet Blast and expect no unpleasant surprises = assuming you've read all of my yammering ahead of time.

With that said, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Thanks.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Screenshot_20200103-113336_Maps.jpg

Upper Dells/Jet Blast "no wake" questions are now accurately answered.
    We've had this discussion at various times over the years, and there has been conflicting information shared. So here is the deal, I actually, personally and directly, have spoken with the head DNR warden who oversees Adams County and the Upper Dells waterway. I now have complete and current clarification as to what is considered "no wake" by law enforcement.

Please see the map I posted here. What you see in RED is "no wake".

Coming from the north, the "no wake" zone begins (marked with buoys) just before you enter the intersection (that allows you to continue south through "the narrows", west around Blackhawk Island, or east into Coldwater Canyon) and continues until you get past the buoys at the south end of "the narrows". This zone is 0.7 mile long.

If you enter the intersection intending to continue right/west around the north side of Blackhawk Island, you still must drop to no wake speed at the buoys and maintain no wake until you are clearly out of the intersection and a good 100 feet into the river channel that circles Blackhawk Island.

As you circle Blackhawk Island in the river channel (versus "the narrows") there IS an official/legal "no wake" zone, marked off with buoys, in front of the Scout camp (to protect their swimming area). All boaters are expected to abide by this "no wake" zone as well.

Obviously, if high water conditions occur, like last year, and the DNR can't even keep buoys anchored, then the "no wake" requirements are lifted so that safe navigation can occur. I realize several of us were "pulled over" last year and informed (rather unnecessarily) that basically we were only allowed to make wake in "the narrows" due to the crazy high water conditions - so I made it clear to the warden that we are all seasoned riders and didn't effectively need to be told we're NOT breaking the law when we already knew we were not breaking the law, so hopefully this kind of time and energy wasting isn't repeated , but we shall see.

I also clarified, that in cases of high water, heading north from the campground and riding through the trees/woods is completely legal.

If there are any messages that need to get to us closer to when JB20 happens this year, the warden will let me know, and I will share that info with all JB20 attendees.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Screenshot_20200103-132631_Maps.jpg

I should also add...
    Blackhawk Island, AND its beaches are privately owned by the UW system. Thanks to dip****s ****ting up the beach just SW of the southern exit from "the narrows", for the past year or two, the water cops have been chasing people off that beach and even issuing trespassing tickets without issuing warnings (primarily on weekends). Be aware of this. I don't know for sure what the 2020 plan is for law enforcement on that beach, but if you don't care to find out, just use the beach to the SE of "the narrows" instead = no hassles on that beach.

As for the cliff, also just SE of "the narrows", it has always been illegal to climb up to and jump off the cliff. I realize many have done this without ticket or incident, but if the cops want to, they can and will ticket you for cliff jumping or even being up there.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

20200124_182648.jpg20200124_182634.jpg20200124_182554.jpg

Raffle prizes already rolling in for JB20.

Thanks to Chris Manthos and the AWA!!!

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Quick reminder:
    Tomorrow is February 1st, which means you still have exactly ONE MONTH (until March 1st) to purchase your Jet Blast 2020 registration and receive the TWO raffle ticket dealio. Remember, all JB20 Registrations purchased after March 1st will receive the standard ONE raffle ticket. Don't miss out.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Blog Entries

Hey everyone, time for a quick announcement.
    Sometimes I get asked questions, and it leads me to finding that some misconceptions exist. I don't want that, so here it goes...

Absolutely everyone who would like to attend Jet Blast is welcome to attend Jet Blast. We only ask everyone to abide by a few simple standards/rules or whatever you want to call them:

1) Please attend the raffle/announcements on Saturday evening. We seriously don't care if or how many raffle tickets you buy, but we want everyone's attention while announcements are being made about the many very generous sponsors who make this event possible and make it possible for us to support the CWCAC.

2) Please abide by the basic rules of the campground. Yeah, we have negotiated some special deals that allow us to bend their rules regarding scooters and ATVs, but please respect that these deals are rooted in the premise that we will all behave like adults.

3) Please abide by the No Wake zone on the river in front of the campground. The distance from the beach to the No Wake buoys is incredibly short - just few yards - so please obey it, and get out a ways into the river before getting serious about your riding fun. There is really no reason to jam up the area right out front. It's a HUGE river.

4) If you have a product or a business to market, feel free, but please be respectful to us by joining our group of event sponsors. We don't ask for much. Just throw a few prizes at the raffle, and everyone will respect your desire to sell a bit while at the event. Robodad is a PERFECT example of this, as his respect for the work that goes into creating this event has earned him HUGE respect from all the attendees since Day One.

5) Follow the golden rule = treat everyone the way you wish to be treated, and leave your ego at home . Remember, that 17 year old kid on the 650SX today may have just started riding last year and plans to buy a Rickter as soon as he graduates from college. Don't disrespect that kid. Mentor and help him. Realize that he is the future of the sport we all love that just happens to bring us all together. We take great pride in "marketing" Jet Blast as an event where anyone can walk up to anyone and feel comfortable with starting a conversation. Be a part of keeping this the reality of Jet Blast, as this is truly a key element to what makes it a great event that many continue to attend year after year.

Sound reasonable? Cool, then you're an ideal Jet Blast attendee.
    Sound unreasonable? Well, then at least be happy that we saved you the time and effort of attending .

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information