Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1995 wave venture and Waveraider exhaust sound different

Iíve had my 1995 wave venture for 14 years now. I bought a 1995 Waveraider this week and noticed the exhaust sounds a little louder. The both have 700 engines and the engines look the same. I took it out on the water today and when I was done it seemed like a lot of water drained out of the drain plugs. Iím wondering if the exhaust has a leak? I donít see any smoke inside the hull and I looked it over for leaks but donít see anything. My next step is to remove the water box and see if it has rust or crack on the bottom side. Does anyone else have a wave venture and wave raider deluxe that knows if the exhaust should be a little louder on the raider.

Re: 1995 wave venture and Waveraider exhaust sound different

Different hulls run different exhaust pipes and waterboxes, not to mention the raider is shorter so less distance inside a tube traveled. I wouldn't even pay attention to notice the difference honestly.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs waterbox, Newmiller head 175psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec mod'd cdi, UMI grate, RN pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday Newbie

Yes. I’ve have had it out a few more times and haven’t noticed much water the last two times so I’m thinking maybe one of the plugs was not tight enough. I also took a look inside and you are right the water box muffler is smaller on the Raider. So it is probably normal for the sound difference.

If you had an exhaust leak in the engine compartment it wouldn't run correctly. You need fresh air for proper combustion. Hard to use exhaust for air intake. You would notice the way it ran.
    If it aint broke...don't fix it!!!!

Thread Information