Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

I will have access to this ski for years to come. A good friend and neighbor just purchased this brand new 2019 Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket. We launched the ski in our lake yesterday and began the recommended break-in process.

The fit and finish of the ski look to be very high quality. The ski looks great and everything appeared to be in proper working order for the maiden voyage. We had a wave of storms coming in so we would beach the ski often and we had to shorten our ride time. A little rain was cool, but neither one of us wanted to get hit with a bolt of lighting.

I rode over to his beach on my daughters Air Blair Dart, and we began the ride. I couldn't get photos of the ride as my phone was left on my beach. However, we plan to ride again soon and I will get some more photos as this thread progresses.

This ski has a ton of power and torque right out of the box. We did not ride it hard as we are still in the break in period. But, quick stabs of the throttle give the ski an immediate lurch forward. Clearly, this ski will easily back flip or barrel roll off a boat wake. The feel is not overly light, but it did not feel or react heavy. Overall weight is damn close to an OEM Superjet. However, it is shorter and wider than an SJ. As we look over the Footrocket and the Dart, the skis had very similar overall dimensions. The Krash has few pounds on my daughters Dart and you could feel the difference. The KV 997 engine starts easily and ran well. The low end tuning seems off, but we left the settings at OEM as suggested by the dealer and Krash. The ski would not idle without holding a touch of throttle. I am fairly certain it is just the idle set screw on the Mikuni carbs. Again, we did not adjust anything at this point.

The ski felt a little rich on the low end and and it took a little RPM and blip of the throttle to clear our the 997 and get her on the pipe. Once it cleared, she hit hard and offered a lot of torque. So, I think at some point we will need to address the low speed adjustments and set the idle.

The hull handles very well. Noticeably more nose up than the Air Blair Darts. But, not as much as a WDK RIP. The WDK RIP rides extremely nose high and from my experience is more of a flat out flip ski with little rec riding/free ride ability. This Krash Footrocket fell somewhere in between the WDK RIP and the Air Blair Dart as far as ride and hull attitude. Not as flat and nose down as a Dart, But no where near the nose up of the WDK RIP.

The Krash feels very athletic and capable of doing all the aerial tricks and dives one would want in a freestyle ski. Easy to toss around, easy to one foot start from the shallows and fairly stable even on the first ride. So, for now, this is all I have. I will add more to this thread as we become more familiar with this ski and document with video and photos.
    Last edited by JSNate; 07-16-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Re: Krash 50 Cal Foot Rocket Rider Review

How much louder compared to a stock ski , superjet, sxr?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

Nice review Nate, I appreciate the review and comparisons!
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100 build in progress
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake, PWR ride plate [47.3mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, Coffmans Sizzler [48.5mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1995 SJ MINT:
    Worx 205 intake [42.5mph gps]

Quote Originally Posted by rc-hx View Post
    How much louder compared to a stock ski , superjet, sxr?

Louder than a stock OEM ski.. A bit louder than a SuperJet with a B-Pipe. It has a more crisp and crackling sound to her.. Music!

Quote Originally Posted by theVetteman3 View Post
    Nice review Nate, I appreciate the review and comparisons!
    Thanks, Frank! I will get to spend a fair amount of time with this ski.. I have been in touch with Krash regarding a few minor things we want to tweak. I will post more as we log some hours on this ski. So far, she seems to be very well built and smartly engineered.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home hellcat66's Avatar

cool write up nate...when can we get your review of the reaper?

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat66 View Post
    cool write up nate...when can we get your review of the reaper?
    I don’t currently have access to a Reaper. However, if I am fortunate enough to spend some time on one, I will gladly write a review thread.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

A buddy in my group, Brent, has one. In fact it used to belong to Zach Bright. It is a very interesting hull. In many ways, the grandson of a modded wave jammer. You can slide the ski around as much as you want, and lean it way over and carve on a dime. It actually is the first ski I have been on which feels like it can do a 180 within it's own length, from like idle speed. Very maneuverable. Yet every time we have a buoy course up Brent is hauling it around, at speed. It feels very nimble and quick. Without a doubt, the most nimble ski with a seat I have been on.

Ergonomics wise, boarding definitely takes getting used to, with the high seat especially. Size is good, feels much more ski like than the barge that the WB1 is. Again similar to the WJ there. Rides flat, not nose up. I think the hull is a SJ bottom, and then with the biggest / widest tubbies I have ever seen. Hull width starts at a SJ and end total width is greater than a WJ. With the seat position you are way up high, much higher than a X2 or Jammer. This helps you carve. On the Jammer I really have to get all my weight to the inside and hang off the thing to carve. This you just lean over.

Power is pretty strong, as this ski is running like a 1000cc dasa and a power factor, if my memory is correct. I think with one of those extended hull / ride plate pieces and a different impeller, this thing would rock as a buoy ski. As it is right now, the impeller is pitched way towards low end, so it's hitting the limiter on the straights.

Definitely worth trying, more fun than a WB1 for inland lakes and wake jumping. I cant speak about the surf. This is a pretty cool take on a sport type ski. I need to get another ride on this ski soon. It's very popular in our group, somebody is always on it.

Sorry to hijack Nate, back to the 50 cal.

20180915_154640.jpg
    Last edited by theVetteman3; 07-18-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100 build in progress
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake, PWR ride plate [47.3mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, Coffmans Sizzler [48.5mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1995 SJ MINT:
    Worx 205 intake [42.5mph gps]

Thanks, Frank!! You have such a variety of skis in your riding group. Always great to get your perspective.

Well, yesterday did not go so well for the Foot Rocket. Brett got out of work late and he only had a few minutes to give the Krash a rip. However, the ski only ran on one cylinder and would not clear out. So, we are getting ready this morning to replace the plugs and set the idle screw enough to actually have an idle..

Krash notes that if the ski is stored with the fuel cap on tightly, this "flooding" of the carbs happens because of built up tank pressure.. We are going to give Krash the benefit of doubt and move forward.. We did loosen the fuel cap last night before storage. I will post some photos and a report of how thing go this morning.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information